No announcement yet.

Very unhappy with Jelsoft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uhh, according to the paypal page that I got linked to, I had to give them a password to setup account on the same page that I put credit info into.

And if I attempt to purchase again it now wants me to login to my account:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	paypal.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	3675521

See it says to login or create account to checkout?!

Comment

My apologies. You are right. I just checked this and you do have to create a PayPal account to use then with a credit card.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
        My apologies. You are right. I just checked this and you do have to create a PayPal account to use then with a credit card.
        I don't think you do, you can certainly donate to my paypal account (with a credit card) and not have to make your own paypal account so I would think you could make a purchase as well.

I'm not 100% on the purchase part, but I know you can donate through paypal with a cc and not have to make a paypal account.
        -- Web Developer for hire
        ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
          Actually you do not have to sign up for a PayPal account to use them as a credit card processor.

The unfortunate fact is that Metacharge has made some recent changes to theire system that have caused all sorts of problems. As Ray said we are actively pursuing adding another payment processor but this is not something that can be done in a day. Very sorry for the inconvenience.
          I've implemented Paypal Website Payments Pro recently in under a day :V

It's pretty much exactly what you need - on-site credit card processing along with express checkout Paypal.

Comment

I too had problems with MetaCharge, though my payment finally went though after I gave up and signed up with Verified By Visa. Sad thats required though, PayPal does not force you to opt-in in like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Loco.M View Post
              I don't think you do, you can certainly donate to my paypal account (with a credit card) and not have to make your own paypal account so I would think you could make a purchase as well.

I'm not 100% on the purchase part, but I know you can donate through paypal with a cc and not have to make a paypal account.

I don't think you normally do, but again, the way it's setup it makes you.

Comment

Originally posted by biancolaw View Post
                That is a cop out answer. You have the ability to either get a secondary merchant provider or go with one that is global. You also could manually process on your end. It seems this is not that important to you though. I await a solution that doesn't entail using paypal.
                Yeah it's a cop out that you refuse to use the "secondary merchant provider".

Next.

Comment

Whatever, I used paypal, had to create an account. Just total BS that a customer should have to do that.
                  you do not have to create a PayPal account to pay for this! - you must have clicked on the wrong button! Maybe you have created this problem for yourself. No one else is reporting this problem.

Comment

I also paid by Visa but I first had to go to the trouble of obtaining a password for "Verified by Visa". As for purchasing using PayPal I'm almost 100% certain that you must have a PayPal account. Whenever a purchase is made through PayPal it will always direct you to the log in page asking you for your PayPal password. No account......No password.

Comment

As a longtime customer I have to comment on what a joke trying to order the pre-order upgrade to vbulletin 4 has become.

For 2 days now I have simply been trying to order the upgrade but thanks to Jelsoft choosing Metacharge as their payment processor, this has not worked.

First they blocked the first 3 attempts I made saying Fraudulent activity. They then call my office and I CONFIRM VIA PHONE that the charge is legit. They then tell me that upon my next attempt, it will go through and I won't have any problem. So I attempt the charge for a 3rd or 4th time and it gets blocked AGAIN! I attempt one more time to be sure and the new message is that I am now blocked due to too many unsuccessful attempts. I contact support at vbulletin to be told that there is nothing they can do. The message I get from metacharge DOESN'T EVEN TELL YOU HOW LONG YOU HAVE TO WAIT! Vbulletin support says 24hrs.

I contacted metacharge via online support which is merchant support according to their website. The agent tells me I've gone to sales, I need to contact merchant support and have to place an international call!!!

So I wait until today. I attempt it again, it's blocked due to possible fraudulent activity and for something about a score higher than 5. So I say screw this crap and contact vbulletin to do the sale over the phone. Wayne at Vbulletin sales tells me they HAVE NO WAY TO PROCESS AN ORDER OVER THE PHONE.

Sorry if I seem a little pissed off but I have wasted over an hour of work time to place a simple order, dealt with 3 different people over 2 days. Jelsoft makes HOW MUCH MONEY and can't afford a decent merchant account processor. Jelsoft has become how big over the last 5 years yet can't process orders over the phone, nor can their managers be reached via phone.

WHAT KIND OF OPERATION ARE YOU PEOPLE RUNNING THERE?!
                      No one knows how frustrating going through that is until they've actually done it. I recently had a similar situation with Apple and Barclay Card Sucking before finally giving up.

It's completely assine everything that has to be gone thru once in a while like this.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
                        you do not have to create a PayPal account to pay for this! - you must have clicked on the wrong button! Maybe you have created this problem for yourself. No one else is reporting this problem.
                        I believe he was referring to the trouble he encountered in the first place when trying to make a payment with a CC. As for making a payment using a CC many have experienced the same issue.

Comment

Originally posted by nforums View Post
                          I recently had a similar situation with Apple and Barclay Card Sucking before finally giving up.
                          WOW....that was one hell of a read! I would have never kept my temper for that length of time.

Comment

Speaking as a person who works for a company based out of South Africa, no matter the size or the quantity of the business, sometimes it is very very hard to get a quality merchant account if you are not USA based. Paypal does not work in every country, and most merchants I have found do not do business with SA compnaies. While I am sure Jelsoft is not based in SA, I do appreciate the time and headaches involved in getting it right.

On the flip side.....come on Jelsoft. You are not exactly a new compnay.

Comment

i had the same situation as the original poster..my credit card company texted me to authorize the charge, that freaked me out so i didnt respond. i promptly called my credit card company and authorized the charge. it was a bit backwards but i wanted the discount so i did what it took. i have to say that i am happy with the things i have been reading from this company as a whole. i am excited to see the product and play with it by the 15th of this month. almost as excited as i am to play modern warfare 2, 11.10.09, awesome month!!!!!

Comment

Same thing happened to me. I charged it on Visa and the following day Visa called me up and questioned the charge. From what I understand is that any foreign charge and the CC co. will need to have it verified. However, if that is the case then why all of this hassle with a password and getting "Verified by Visa" crap before my charge was accepted by vB.

I realize that it probably takes time to set up a new merchant to handle this but come on vB.....it's not as if this is a new problem as it has been this way for years as I had the same issue back in '07. If you want to take in all of these thousands upon thousands of dollars one would think you would make it as easy as possible for everyone to send you the big bucks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X