Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Be aware NOTHING is encrypted considering when I make my own custom mods etc I play with the code in order to make them.
    2. vBulletin has dealed with pirated versions from day 1. Alpha versions of windows were leaked and hackers got to grip with the holes in that but wait in gold those holes were gone./
    3. That's what updates are for so the pirated copy will never have updates and most pirated copys of anything have back holes put in by the uploader.

Comment

Originally posted by darkwrld View Post
      Do you even own a vBulletin license =/
      Yeah, as if this thread is already fishy enough.
      Planning to continue using VB 3.8 post EOL? Then join the VB 3.8 Forever group and visit www.vb3forever.org!

Comment

Originally posted by KevinL View Post
        Nothing is encrypted when you buy VB. It is all open code....
        But that comes with the cost of an extension to be installed on the running server...... which is NOT in this case. So, any Tom or Harry (or Chang) can run it without any interference from VB. I dont understand why everyone is arguing over a simple logic. The point is, the true source code is leaked, and I want to know how Vb would tackle it. Is it too difficult to understand ??? It would be very strange if VB staff does not acknowledge this issue on this board.

Comment

Originally posted by SiowChen View Post
          But that comes with the cost of an extension to be installed on the running server
          You have no idea what you are talking about. The only requirements for vB 3.x are PHP 4.3.3 and MySQL 4.0.16 or greater.
          Planning to continue using VB 3.8 post EOL? Then join the VB 3.8 Forever group and visit www.vb3forever.org!

Comment

Originally posted by darkwrld View Post
            Do you even own a vBulletin license =/
            Yes Sir. I do own multiple license. And the reason why I am not using my original ID , is for the fear of getting banned. Simples !!.. And ofcourse, these arenotmy firstpost.I got nothing against VB. IPB couldnt pay me to use their software. But my concerns are genuine,especially after paying for the "alleged" upgrade fee lately.

Comment

But that comes with the cost of an extension to be installed on the running server...... which is NOT in this case. So, any Tom or Harry (or Chang) can run it without any interference from VB. I dont understand why everyone is arguing over a simple logic. The point is, the true source code is leaked, and I want to know how Vb would tackle it. Is it too difficult to understand ??? It would be very strange if VB staff does not acknowledge this issue on this board.
              Yes Sir. I do own multiple license. And the reason why I am not using my original ID , is for the fear of getting banned. Simples !!.. And ofcourse, these arenotmy firstpost.I got nothing against VB. IPB couldnt pay me to use their software. But my concerns are genuine,especially after paying for the "alleged" upgrade fee lately.
              Based upon the fact that you have no idea what you're talking about in regards to vB being encrypted, I would tend to doubt that you even own a single license and are using the pre-sales to get an idea on the chances of you getting busted for downloading & using the leaked alpha build.

Good luck with that.
              [URL="http://coolscifi.com"]Cool Sci-Fi[/URL="http://coolscifi.com"] | [URL="http://awalkerbit.me"]Walking Dead[/URL="awalkerbit.me"]

Comment

Originally posted by Eriksrocks View Post
                You have no idea what you are talking about. The only requirements for vB 3.x are PHP 4.3.3 and MySQL 4.0.16 or greater.
                Jeepers crap...You mean to say, youcan buy 1 license,and run it on 100 different forums ? Be serious if you any brains. Vbulletin has a server extension file running on their server which gives them the info for any license/installation running anywhere. I am not going in any deeper,trying to explain how it functions... Google and get your facts straight. However,my queries have not been answered yet. Maybe,you might want to do that in the next post. Whats so bad about what i asked in the thread ? Atleast I am not glory hunter trying to post a few rants against VB.

Comment

...the true source code is leaked...
                  I don't know how things work where you are, but the rest of the world gets the true source code from the moment they purchase a license. It is totally open, anyone can do what they want with it (within legal parameters). Heck, a guy could use the code to build his own forum software. It is ALL there. Nothing left to the imagination.
                  ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

But that comes with the cost of an extension to be installed on the running server
                    huh..you can download it, open it on your desktop and look at the source code. Nothing is encrypted...
                    HostAtom.net - Forum Hosting at it's best! Email [email protected] and find out more!
                    Cpanel, Softaculous, LiteSpeed, CloudLinux, Daily R1Soft backups, 24x7 Server monitoring

Comment

huh?? , vb is not encrypted in anyway, what you download from the members area is indeed the true source code. vb has been dealing with pirated copys since day 1, they will attack this one like any other. this is not the first nor the last time it will happen..

Comment

Vbulletin has a server extension file running on their server which gives them the info for any license/installation running anywhere. I am not going in any deeper,trying to explain how it functions...
                        LOL.

Seriously, what planet are you on ?
                        Baby, I was born this way

Comment

Sounds like a drama to me personally....

Comment

It appears "SiowChen" is just digging for information to see how/if he can be tracked for running a nulled version. Not exactly subtle.
                            [URL="http://coolscifi.com"]Cool Sci-Fi[/URL="http://coolscifi.com"] | [URL="http://awalkerbit.me"]Walking Dead[/URL="awalkerbit.me"]

Comment

and BTW you said you have seen the admincp first hand, if VB hasnt released yet how did you see the admincp on 4.0 alpha? perhaps you downloaded the so called leaked copy and installed it on your site??? and how do you know its 4.0 for sure? I can take 3.8.4 and change all the phrases to say 4.0 and change the skin to make it look like 4.0 alpha, so...

Comment

Originally posted by Bravo07 View Post
                                and BTW you said you have seen the admincp first hand, if VB hasnt released yet how did you see the admincp on 4.0 alpha? perhaps you downloaded the so called leaked copy and installed it on your site??? and how do you know its 4.0 for sure? I can take 3.8.4 and change all the phrases to say 4.0 and change the skin to make it look like 4.0 alpha, so...
                                http://clip2net.com/clip/m25608/1257...-clip-65kb.jpg

Sorry for waste everyone's time. Was just looking for some answers...

Trying to see how to run a pirated version?? Not me...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X