Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VB4 importer system to convert from other CMS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    cmeinck

• cmeinck
    replied
    I'm using a WordPress component built into Joomla. I use a bridge to vBulletin. I guess I'm going to take a wait and see approach to vB4 Suite. I did purchase, considering a minimum I'm getting the vB4 forum.

I'm hoping vB4 comes in somewhere between WordPress and Joomla. WordPress is a great blogging platform, but I love the expandability of Joomla through modules/components. As evidenced by the fact I'm running a full WordPress blog within Joomla!

The grid appears to offer some flexibility. I guess we'll see this week when the demo hits.

Leave a comment:

• Loco.M

• Loco.M
    replied
    Originally posted by Ray Morgan View Post
    Not as part of the first release, but this is planned as an extension of Impex.
    this is great news IMO
    I may actually use the vbulletin CMS if I can import all our articles from wordpress which we are currently using as the CMS as it's in the root of our forum.

Leave a comment:

• ~kev~

• ~kev~
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
    Unlike forums, various Portals and CMSs have drastically different structures that may not relate directly to the vB CMS. Therefore making an importer for these will be more complicated. Much of this is going to depend on the demand for specific importers and this will be analyzed after the vB4 Suite release.
    The ability to import an XML file like what wordpress does would be nice. That way people who are running wordpress could export their post into an XML file, then import it into the vbulletin CMS.

Is this feature something that is being considered? Or is it going to be a straight out conversion?

Leave a comment:

• roscoe

• roscoe
    replied
    Originally posted by Bushcraft Tone View Post
    Where's a good place to start a list of CMS conversion ? I've got a lot of articles in Joomla.
    That what they need to use! Much more robust , flexible and used by millions and there are already components that can make it one. This will come out looking like the one color vbAdvanced with a center and left and right columns, and of course the same old same old with one color. Go with Joomla which has a million widgets for any use.

Leave a comment:

• mccollin

• mccollin
    replied
    The screenshot on vbulletin.com of "create an article" has a field for publish date and publish time, so you should be good to go. That is kind of what I was thinking too... a bit of copy and paste.

Leave a comment:

• Booth

• Booth
    replied
    If we are able to specify a 'published date' for articles I don't mind the laborious task of cutting and pasting all the old articles from the old system. If not manually fixing the unix timestamp in the databases article by article will be too time consuming.

I need to take articles over from Subdreamer cms.

Leave a comment:

• Bushcraft Tone

• Bushcraft Tone
    replied
    Where's a good place to start a list of CMS conversion ? I've got a lot of articles in Joomla.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Unlike forums, various Portals and CMSs have drastically different structures that may not relate directly to the vB CMS. Therefore making an importer for these will be more complicated. Much of this is going to depend on the demand for specific importers and this will be analyzed after the vB4 Suite release.

Leave a comment:

• cmeinck

• cmeinck
    replied
    Originally posted by Ray Morgan View Post
    This is not very good news. Essentially, that makes it close to impossible for people to move from {insert name of current CMS} to vBulletin's CMS.

Leave a comment:

• Ray Morgan
    Former vBulletin General Manager

• Ray Morgan
    replied
    Originally posted by ~kev~ View Post
    Will VB 4 include an importer system to import our post from other CMSs?

Right now I am using wordpress as my article system. If I go with the VB 4 CMS, will I be able to import all of the wordpress post? Or will I have to retype all of my articles?

Leave a comment:

• ~kev~

• ~kev~
    started a topic VB4 importer system to convert from other CMS?

VB4 importer system to convert from other CMS?

Will VB 4 include an importer system to import our post from other CMSs?

Right now I am using wordpress as my article system. If I go with the VB 4 CMS, will I be able to import all of the wordpress post? Or will I have to retype all of my articles?