vBulletin CMS and member submissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin CMS and member submissions

As announcement and more importantly specific information is somewhat spread out I may have missed something that answers this question, if this is the case I offer my apologies and ask that you post a link.

With the new VB4 CMS is any of the following possible:
    • Allow members (by usergroup permissions) to submit CMS articles?
    • Does the CMS allow from category grouping, i.e. widget articles, foobar articles, misc articles.
    • Can CMS items, by category, have custom fields - i.e. for widget articles you are prompted to supply the article body and A, B, C custom fields, for foobar articles you are prompted to supply the article body and A, X, Y custom fields.
    • If yes to the above, can a custom field be an image?
    • Is there an article content "homepage", like forum home but displaying summaries of latest articles?
    This is a signature, with a picture

sigpic

UK Motorbike Forum

Originally posted by MrEyes View Post
    Allow members (by usergroup permissions) to submit CMS articles?
    Yes, you can set usergroups who are able to submit articles, as well as those who can approve them, etc.
    Does the CMS allow from category grouping, i.e. widget articles, foobar articles, misc articles.
    Yes, as seen in the screenshots: http://www.vbulletin.com/index.php?do=screenshots
    Can CMS items, by category, have custom fields - i.e. for widget articles you are prompted to supply the article body and A, B, C custom fields, for foobar articles you are prompted to supply the article body and A, X, Y custom fields.
    No, not in the initial release of the CMS. However, its been said that this is on the table.
    Is there an article content "homepage", like forum home but displaying summaries of latest articles?
    Yes, as seen in the screenshots: http://www.vbulletin.com/index.php?do=screenshots

Comment

Hmmm... hadn't noticed before that there weren't any custom fields. This is a big limitation for a CMS. I will have to think about that a bit.
      Mikey
      PDAPhoneHome ... Get Converged! / NortheastFoto ... Get Imaged!

Comment

Originally posted by mccollin View Post
        Hmmm... hadn't noticed before that there weren't any custom fields. This is a big limitation for a CMS. I will have to think about that a bit.
        The (new) plan is to release early, release often. This means a product is in your hands as soon as x features are completed. This differs from the old "system", where you seldom saw new features in minor revision releases. You will see many new features appear much quicker than before.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X