This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strictly Legal ?

We purchased the vb4 upgrade ( Publishing Suite ) based on the offer, it was available for $235 until 30th October 2009

In Australia it is now 2nd November 2009, and I note this offer is still available at http://www.vbulletin.com/order/index.php

Is this strictly legal, to continue an offer, beyond the early bird date, and if not, then it kind of smacks the loyal "upgraders" in the face huh ?

Ste

From what I've read on here, the upgrade isn't available yet. So, I wouldn't say it's illegal

Comment

The presale was extended under new terms to November 16.

Please see here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...-and-Beta-News
      Planning to continue using VB 3.8 post EOL? Then join the VB 3.8 Forever group and visit www.vb3forever.org!

Comment

Is this really even worth posting?!? Honestly, what's the value other than stirring things up. The only thing you could legitimately be upset about is that you bought it earlier than you would have needed to. So are you saying you are upset because you lost the chance to make interest on the $235 (or whatever you paid) for a couple weeks? Gee, what is the cost of money over that period on that amount...say .10 cents? You wasted more in your time posting about it.
        Paul

"Whoever believes in Telekinesis, raise my hand."

Comment

Originally posted by TimberFloorAu View Post
          Is this strictly legal, to continue an offer, beyond the early bird date, and if not, then it kind of smacks the loyal "upgraders" in the face huh ?
          If you want legal advice, go ask a lawyer. Before you do, don't let the announcements forum smack you in the face, huh?

Comment

If an early bird offer is made available, with a cut off date. Then surely, that date should be bound legally.
            It doesnt work both ways does it, had I missed my upgrade by a day, and the offer had ceased, would I too have the ability to "wantonly" extend the date to suit my own benefit.
            This is not a case of stirring, however if an offer is given in good faith, and is set by paramaeters, then it should be also given in writing, that we "reserve the right to extend or shorten the offer period at our discretion"

Without this, what is the point?
            Also what is to stop VB from further decreasing the price, and extending this as a new offer?

To me it just kinda doesnt sit right.

Comment

Had you read the announcement, you would know that they did not simply extend the date, but also did change the conditions. You'd pay more now. And one special offer does not mean that there can't be any other special offers for all eternity. They did not decrease the price (so why do you say "furhter"?). Obviously, you did not even bother to read up on the available information, and that's what gives your posts that troll smell.
              On the other hand, you just seem to grudge other customers that offer, even if it is not as good as the one you got. Seems a little bit petty-minded, really...

Comment

I also think it's illegal for vBulletin to offer vB4 to new customers, because they haven't paid all the annual fees from the beginning.

Comment

In reality its an entirely different sale anyways. At least last time i checked the new presale has a $30.00 increase on the upgrade suite price form the first presale. Personally im excited they had extended it (and yes i did get in on the initial sale) but now i have even more time to try to gather funds for my other licenses.

Comment

Originally posted by Tla View Post
                    I also think it's illegal for vBulletin to offer vB4 to new customers, because they haven't paid all the annual fees from the beginning.
                    Thats seriously left field.

Comment

It is a completely different sale. The word extended is only used to make people think they "are listening" to us. Pure marketing, nothing illegal.

Comment

This isnt a VB whichhunt. This isnt a troll post.

In fact had you read my first post, you would see we have paid for the suite upgrade ( whatever it is titled )
                        My point is pure and simple.

If you make a timed offer, the first offer as a product is released, with a loyalty discount, and that timed offer has a cut off date, to entice you to buy, then it is fair to say that date "cutoff" should be legitimate.
                        In fact in the UK, not so many years ago, DFS were accused of the same tactics and found to be trading unlawfully, with bogus offers, and extensions to sales.
                        I have no issue with the cost, as we have already paid for it.
                        My point is, if you make an offer that has a cut off date, and purport the purchase within that period to be advantageous to existing or new customer base, then that date should in reality stand for something. Otherwise it undermines the term"offer" when added to "if ordered by"

Regards reading updates etc etc. We linked thru via the offer via admincp announcement. There have been no further announcements sent to us via VB. So it is fair to also state, that if the original offer was allocated via internal announcement system, within VB then any further announcements should and could be proposed in the same vane.

Anyhoo, this isnt a troll post. How you can be accused of trolling when you offer up valid argument ( lookup the definition of FORUM ).

Ste

Comment

Originally posted by Tla View Post
                          You can be well assured that I'm not the most happy camper with what has/been going on but that one went clear over my head and my home! What are new customers supposed to get......2.0 and slowly work their way up!!

Comment

vB extended the pre-sale because of customer demand (ie: people were on here complaining LOUDLY that they did not have enough time to order.) I find it funny that people are complaining about them actually listening to their customers and extending the sale.

vB also rolled out 4.0 on the forums because of requests from members to see what it looked like. What have many people done? Complained that the site is unusable now and that they're being used as guinea pigs on alpha-quality software.

There is no making anybody happy around here.

Comment

If I might point out some very important fact here.
                              If it were not for the loud "complaining" that occurred the change in the pricing policy that first came out would have never transpired to it's present state. Something I think everyone should take into consideration before being troubled or irritated by those that did rise up and complain and rightfully so. Many of the members who are currently reaping the benefits of the extension in the pre-sale price owe it those that did so. 'Nough said............

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X