PHP and MySQL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP and MySQL

The web host I will be using to host my vBulletin forum when I purchase the license includes "PHP5 - MySQL" will I be able to host the vBulletin forum using just these through the web host or will I have to downloaded/purchase the PHP and MySQL seperately? If that makes sense.
    Thanks

http://www.vbulletin.com/faq.php#faq-125
    Minimum Requirements: vBulletin is designed to run on every server that has PHP 5.2 or greater and MySQL 4.1.0 or greater installed.

It is recommended to use PHP 5.2.6, or later and MySQL 5.0.19 or later.

The software has been successfully installed on several different flavours of UNIX, as well as Windows™ 98/NT/2000/XP, and the Mac

Note: We recommend you contact your hosting provider to verify that they have the correct versions of PHP and MySQL installed. If you administrate your own server, PHP and MySQL are available for free download from PHP.net and MySQL.com.
    Meaning: As long as you don't know the exact versions, we don't know.

Comment

All it says on their site is PHP5 and MySQL. I'll email them to try and find out.

Comment

Most likely, yes.

Who is the host?

Comment

Originally posted by NathanLedet View Post
          Most likely, yes.

Who is the host?
          One.com

Comment

I've had an email back from One.com which says
            vBulletin is supported on our servers and you are free to upload and use it on your webspace as long as it is a licensed version.
            So I assume that means they do have the correct versions...

Comment

Let them tell you the actual versions they are running. vB 3.8's minimum requirements are lower. Or have them confirm that this information is also true for vB4.

Comment

Alternatively, what you should also be able to do is make a file named something like info.php (the filename doesn't matter, so long as it ends in .php), put the following code inside it, upload it to your server, and then view the page from your browser.

PHP Code:
                <?php phpinfo(); ?>
                What that does is tell you a lot of useful information about your server's configuration. Your PHP version will be displayed right at the top, and the MySQL version will be given further down the page in the mysql section next to "Client API version."

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X