Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VB 4.0 Beta stability

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • VB 4.0 Beta stability

    Hey beta testers....

    I thought it might be good to get an idea of how stable 4.0 is and what you think.

    Thoughts?

    Are any of you running live or just test sites?

  • #2
    The only live beta site is .com and it has been very stable

    Comment


    • #3
      lol....Congrats!

      Are you requiring the beta guys not go live?

      Comment


      • #4
        I bet its part of the agreement that only vbulletin.com is allowed to go live. It's two weeks until the publick beta will come out, until then there will be a lot of bugs reported and solved.

        Comment


        • #5
          Two weeks max from what I read. (Hopefully)

          I want to get my programmers working on things this year.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by netsultants View Post
            Two weeks max from what I read. (Hopefully)

            I want to get my programmers working on things this year.
            This public beta are only for those who have purchased in the pre-sale.
            Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
            VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
            vBulletin Hosting and Services
            Server / Website Consultation

            Comment


            • #7
              Correct... good point

              Comment


              • #8
                I have a question related to the beta we download in two weeks.

                Will it be the same version / copy as what is currently on vbulletin.com. Or will the beta we download in two weeks have all of the updated bug fixes or even be called beta 2 when it is available for members to download who purchased the ability to in the pre-sale.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Will we be able to go live with the beta and update without too much bother later on when gold comes out?
                  vB4 SuperCharged
                  http://www.gamingmasters.co.uk

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    As was in the past (and even presently) the software VB will release for download is the most current at the time. So, yes, we will get the most current version (bugfixes and all). Not sure what the point would be of releasing an older version .

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Darkimmortal View Post
                      Will we be able to go live with the beta and update without too much bother later on when gold comes out?
                      We can't comment on that, becuase we haven't been issued more details.
                      Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
                      VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
                      vBulletin Hosting and Services
                      Server / Website Consultation

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Mr_Bob View Post
                        As was in the past (and even presently) the software VB will release for download is the most current at the time. So, yes, we will get the most current version (bugfixes and all). Not sure what the point would be of releasing an older version .
                        I was more interested to see if when they release it they change the Beta number to... 2

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by TheMayhem View Post
                          I was more interested to see if when they release it they change the Beta number to... 2
                          It will in all likeliness the beta version available at that time. This can be beta 1 (which I highliy doubt - they won't be twiddling their thumbs for two weeks), much liklier beta 2, or even beta 3. The previously established alpha and beta testing groups are still active, too, and we don't twiddle our thumbs, either. Neither do the people who report all the bugs found on the live site here.

                          Comment

                          widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X