Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I purchased the VB 4.0 suite, but I can not download it !!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I purchased the VB 4.0 suite, but I can not download it !!!!!

Hi

I purchased the vbulletin 4.0 suite, and when I was reading through the vbulletin FAQ,
    I thought that VB 4.0 is going to be available for downloads right after the presale (Oct 29th, 11:59pm).
    but I can not do so!

I already told all of my forum members to wait for changes which are coming very soon.

Please, tell me when exactly VB4 is going to be available? when exactly is the gold release?
    is it tomorrow? after a week? a month? a year?

Looking forward to hear from you

Noone knows.

It says no where at all that vB will be available after the presale. It does say it will be available when the Gold version becomes available....which we don't know when will happen.

edit: My mistake. I doesn't say specifically about the Gold version - I think that's pretty typical tho. It says You will be able to download the 4.0 releases of Forums and Publishing Suite as soon as they are released.

Comment

As stated in many other threads, it will be released when it's ready. I've seen Q4/2009 mentioned as a goal. Also, this text appears above the purchase screen:
      Please Note: vBulletin 4.0 Publishing Suite is currently on sale at a substantial discount on a pre-sale basis. You will be able to download the latest release of vBulletin (3.8) as soon as your purchase is completed. You will be able to download the 4.0 releases of Forums and Publishing Suite as soon as they are released. These pre-sale discounts are available for a limited time only.

Comment

Can I download the blog or portal now at least?
        or anything from the 4.0 suite?

Comment

Originally posted by omanius View Post
          Can I download the blog or portal now at least?
          or anything from the 4.0 suite?
          Nope. Only vB 3.8.4 Forum can be downloaded.
          Starting mid-November you'll be able to download vB4 Suite (beta).

Read this:
          http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/blog.php?b=2377

Comment

Originally posted by omanius View Post
            I thought that VB 4.0 is going to be available for downloads right after the presale (Oct 29th, 11:59pm).
            but I can not do so!
            Where did you get that information from?

Comment

No where, that information is false.

Comment

There is no such information. I also bought 4.0 suite and I thought it explained it pretty clear that you can download 3.8.x until 4.0 Gold release is out.

Comment

Can't understand all these people moaning about the release date for vBulletin Suite 4.0, why not just wait till it's ready and stop moaning. If people keep moaning and they rush it out there would be bugs and security issues so would it be better to just wait.

Comment

They can't give a date because it's still in Beta (or alpha) version.

Comment

You should have been able to download Vbulletin 3.8.4.

Comment

think it would be nice to download the beta, they made other version available for download as beta, didn't they?

Comment

Originally posted by kuyenmotdivad View Post
                          Can't understand all these people moaning about the release date for vBulletin Suite 4.0, why not just wait till it's ready and stop moaning. If people keep moaning and they rush it out there would be bugs and security issues so would it be better to just wait.
                          I don't think your post is very constructive, being rude to another member is something that our over zealous mods should be clamping down on.

Comment

Originally posted by centris View Post
                            I don't think your post is very constructive, being rude to another member is something that our over zealous mods should be clamping down on.

I agree
                            http://www.shmmr.net/vb/images/image...ar_add2007.gif

Comment

I have a question here, sorry to butt in!

I want to relocate phpBB to VB - so VB 4 forums isn't available. But can I download the older version of forums until then, and then upgrade when 4 is released??

Thanks in advance!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X