Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vBulletin Announces Extended Pre-Sale Period for New 4.0 Publishing Suite ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wich will be the last day then?

Comment

I had a feeling this was in the works but wasn't about to take the chance IB wouldn't extend the deadline. now i have another 2 weeks to think about adding another suite to one of my other licenses. And maybe just maybe ill get to see a CMS demo b4 the deadline this go around.

Comment

Originally posted by blacksurfer
        So the price is going up from 130 to 160, if I don't buy now?
        Yup

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Morgan View Post
          The decision to extend the pre-sale was just made this afternoon. An official announcement about this and more will be coming shortly.
          But you had time to put out a press release?

It just keeps getting better and better.
          HBO Forum - Discuss Game of Thrones, True Blood, Big Love, Boardwalk Empire, and more!
          Disney Forums - Disney theme parks, vacation, entertainment, and more!
          iLoveTalk - Our general discussion forum.
          VeggieBoards - The largest and most active vegetarian forum!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael2 View Post

The announcement is up now.
            MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
            AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Michael2 View Post

To be fair, Joe was the one speaking in the press release.. Also, With a company of 600+ I would venture to guess they didn't type up the PR. I have a small company, only 40 people and honestly my staff would do that if needed.

Comment

I'll go read the announcement but what is so hard about announcing it here first?
                There truly is no regard for their customers.

Besides, this announcement should have been made days ago since it was clear there would be no demo of CMS before the pre-sale ended.
                Why does it always take so long for IB to do the right thing?
                ...steven
                www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
                bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
                "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

VB folks are learning things, making changes as they get the feedback from the customers. Could it have been done in better way? definitely yes...but lets get real hear. I see quite a change from way VB is handling things right from onthe fly style changes, to extending offer, launching early beta here to releasing beta to customer...lets give them a fair chance, I think VB is now sincerely trying to listen to their customers

I had same gripes earlier but as I saw things improving I upgraded to suit today just few mins back,
                  Originally posted by 1996 328ti View Post
                  I'll go read the announcement but what is so hard about announcing it here first?
                  There truly is no regard for their customers.

Besides, this announcement should have been made days ago since it was clear there would be no demo of CMS before the pre-sale ended.
                  Why does it always take so long for IB to do the right thing?

Comment

My gripe is with the lack of communication.
                    We shouldn't be getting our information from 3rd parties.

I'm glad to see a beta. Still waiting to see what the CMS will do.

Could you imagine what the Gold version would have looked like if they didn't update vB.com to Beta 1?
                    There are still a lot of cosmetic changes that need to happen.
                    ...steven
                    www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
                    bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
                    "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Morgan View Post
                      The decision to extend the pre-sale was just made this afternoon. An official announcement about this and more will be coming shortly.
                      Ray, please forward me the person at Internet Brands to whom I can send my resume. Been around here for a long, long time and perhaps I can finally be approved for the beta team so I can work on development now rather than later. It is probably a whole lot of fun to work at Internet Brands, cyberspace being my favorite playground. You may wish to send the following to your marketing team for review before this press release gets shipped off further elsewhere.
                      "The pre-sale extension"
                      An extension is defined as and commonly understood to mean "an additional period of time given one to meet an obligation" (see dictionary.com). You may wish to revise the word "extension" and say "An additional pre-sale offer..." since otherwise people will immediately run here thinking the current offer is EXTENDED meaning on the same terms.
                      the price of the Publishing Suite will be $160 for existing vBulletin customers with active licenses
                      So all people with active licenses will have this discount - even those with expired maintenance agreements but have active licenses? Or is this meant to mean something else?
                      Customers have created vibrant communities on vBulletin's stable and mature platform for more than 10 years.
                      Considering that vbulletin.com was registered on April 5, 2000 and Wikipedia reports the same date (not always accurate but rather coincidental) and the fact that we're in 2009, you might want to check on the math and revise to say "almost 10 years."
                      Last edited by slinky; Fri 30 Oct '09, 7:45pm.
                      My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment

I'm not wild about the marketing push - super rush decision of the presale, only to have it extended, but in the end, no big deal. (a little too heavy handed sales tactic for my taste, but if the software is great, at the end of the day, I don't care one bit.) I am very happy to read in the announcement that all customers of the suite will be able to download the beta - I think a large open beta will produce a really nice gold release thanks to as much testing as possible (not that the normal group don't do a fine job, just the bigger the beta the better as far as I'm concerned.)
                        Boat Design & Boat Building Forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X