Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vBulletin Announces Extended Pre-Sale Period for New 4.0 Publishing Suite ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray Morgan View Post
    The decision to extend the pre-sale was just made this afternoon. An official announcement about this and more will be coming shortly.
    Why vBulletin's own site is second to some unrelated news site? Such actions make me feel less confident in vBulletin's future?

I won't be surprised if IB is really trying to sell vBulletin. Concerned for outsiders, not people who are actually involved. I can't explain it any other way.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego View Post
      I see why members requested for a modification that see real time posting, as I would of seen Rays and now yours...
      It exists at vb.org
      Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
      VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
      vBulletin Hosting and Services
      Server / Website Consultation

Comment

Here's a link to the official press release:
        http://investors.internetbrands.com/...leaseID=420586
        Planning to continue using VB 3.8 post EOL? Then join the VB 3.8 Forever group and visit www.vb3forever.org!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Morgan View Post
          The decision to extend the pre-sale was just made this afternoon. An official announcement about this and more will be coming shortly.
          Ray, what will the new prices be for inactive licenses?
          Planning to continue using VB 3.8 post EOL? Then join the VB 3.8 Forever group and visit www.vb3forever.org!

Comment

Originally posted by kyrgyz View Post
            Why vBulletin's own site is second to some unrelated news site? Such actions make me feel less confident in vBulletin's future?
            It's perfectly normal for such announcements to be made to the markets first.
            I won't be surprised if IB is really trying to sell vBulletin later. Concerned for outsiders, not people who are actually involved. I can't explain it any other way.
            Wrong conclusion to come to. They are just going by normal market practices.
            MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
            AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
              It's perfectly normal for such announcements to be made to the markets first.

Wrong conclusion to come to. They are just going by normal market practices.
              Marketing practices aimed at whom? Obviously not at existng and potential customers. Remember how short lived the extention is.

It's more of a PR for investors.

Comment

Marketing practices aimed at whom? Obviously not at existng and potential customers. Remember how short lived the extention is.

It's more of a PR for investors.
                Everything in marketing is PR, but it's got nothing to do with selling the company. If you were going to sell it, you'd hardly brag about the fact that your increased revenues were on the back of a massive sale, would you?

They are acting more like a "real" business, we're not used to that though, so it's a bit tricky. But honestly, this sort of thing is perfectly normal.

The forums also represent a very small part of the overall customer base. In the grand scheme of things, announcements in here aren't all that important. They don't reach that many customers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego View Post
                  I see why members requested for a modification that see real time posting, as I would of seen Rays and now yours...

It is also a price increase, so why would that be an extension.... It is not even the same deal..
                  I agree; it's not the same deal. But it still is a deal, and it is, in essence, extending the pre-sale. Not the exact same one that's going on now, but still a sale.
                  Regards,
                  Nick

Comment

In the grand scheme of things, announcements in here aren't all that important. They don't reach that many customers.
                    Did you really just say that?
                    RazorThemes ~ Cutting Edge Designs

Comment

Originally posted by smackLAN View Post
                      Did you really just say that?
                      Well obviously they are important to US!

What I mean is, the number of customers in the forums, compared to the overall number of customers, is actually pretty tiny.

I'm not so much trying to defend this - I think we should get an announcement first in here too - I'm just saying it's normal business practice, rather than some conspiracy.

Comment

Thank goodness. I can't decide what I want to do by the end of the day. But I am still confused on this.

Comment

Everything in marketing is PR, but it's got nothing to do with selling the company. If you were going to sell it, you'd hardly brag about the fact that your increased revenues were on the back of a massive sale, would you?
                          PR is about communicating with public, marketing is more of a value creating process (for customers). BTW, just because prices are up doesn't mean increased revenues. Often times it's to the contrary.

They are acting more like a "real" business, we're not used to that though, so it's a bit tricky. But honestly, this sort of thing is perfectly normal.
                          IB is a corporation. Such behavior is nothing new to them. As a branch of IB, vBulletin basically lost its say in the way business should be done. They are just hostages to red tape, policies, and gag orders.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy8 View Post
                            Thank goodness. I can't decide what I want to do by the end of the day. But I am still confused on this.
                            Let us (IE, the forum members) know what you're confused by, one of us will be able to help.

Comment

many customers requested the sale be extended, and so now it has been.
                              Not completely so.

The announcement did not provide for an extension to those whose license is owned and presently expired within the last 2 months.

DAVID COPELAND
                              Licensed VB Holder Since 2000
                              Celebrating 20 Years with VB

Comment

Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra View Post
                                For a company centered around communicating, vbulletin team sure does a poor job of it at times.
                                I 2nd this, has anyone officially even been on twitter or other major social networks.
                                -- Web Developer for hire
                                ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X