X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kyrgyz
    replied
    Originally posted by deuterium View Post
    IPB: $285 + $50 + $50 = $295 (+ $50 + $50)
    Ordering products through Community Suite: $249.99 up front plus $50 per year for support/services/upgrades
    IPS Suite is being discontinued in few days. That's why, for practical purposes, I used regular $100 yearly support fee in my calculation. Just like vB Suite pre-sale ends today. So, we should refer to regular vBulletin pricing. Which I did in both cases.

So, it stands true or even truer if we add IP.Content to the list for the fairness of comparison.

IPS (Board/Blog/Gallery/Content) separately: $315 up front plus $100 per year for support/services/upgrades.

IPS: $315 + $100 +100 = $515 (that's without support fee for IP Content being included)
    vB: $285 + $0 + $0 = $285
    Last edited by kyrgyz; Fri 30 Oct '09, 3:40pm.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    If you really want to analyze it, for new customers/licenses we lowered the price.

3.8.X Forums, Blogs and Project Tools was $300 plus $40/year updates. So over 2 years, $340.00.
    4.X Suite - $285 over the same period of time

3.8.X Forums only, $180 + $40.00 per update. $220 for two years. Most customers don't avail themselves of the ticket support so not including it.
    4.X Forums only, $195 over the same period. Though if they want ticket support, it will be more expensive for Forums only. The Suite does include ticket support with the license.

The price is higher for existing customers but it is transitionary period from having annual renewal fees to charging everything upfront. The costs will even out over time. Plus if they don't want to upgrade until 5.X, we'll still support their current licenses until they go inactive. If they upgraded to the suite, they get new software and support for one low fee for the life of vBulletin 4.X.

Leave a comment:

• dutchbb
    replied
    I always thought the pricing for vbulletin was very acceptable, I still do. Personally, I even thought the price was rather low for what I got. I almost felt that the price needed to go up a bit. With the discount I got this month it even feels like a bargain. And if the CMS is good enough for me, I literally saved thousands of euro's, because I was actually planning on paying for a custom CMS system. I didn't calculate it, but I thought if there is a new VB every 2 years (words of Ray) the new pricing will not be much more expensive than before (especially if there is a pre-sale again before vb5 release).

So te be honest, I'm not sure why some customers feel they are treated so unfair. Maybe the way it was done, but surely the pricing itself can not be called unfair or expensive when compared to alternatives.

Leave a comment:

• Shamil.
    replied
    Originally posted by kyrgyz View Post
    Ok. it's $100 per year

From IPS News:
    Ordering products (Board/Blog/Gallery) separately: $264.97 up front plus $100 per year for support/services/upgrades.
    http://community.invisionpower.com/t...ite-promotion/

You pay for the vB Suite (CMS, Blog, Forum, Albums) $285 and that includes upgrades, updates and support for the life of vB4 series which expected to be around 24 months.

Let's do the math:
    IPS: $265 + $100 +100 = $465

See the difference?

So, you are twisting the truth, right?
    Incorrect ...

Why not compare it equally:

vB: $285 + $0 + $0 = $285 ( + $285)
    IPB: $285 + $50 + $50 = $295 (+ $50 + $50)

() indicated event after 18-24 months.

It's a pricing mess.

Ordering products through Community Suite: $249.99 up front plus $50 per year for support/services/upgrades

Leave a comment:

• kyrgyz
    replied
    Originally posted by ManagerJosh View Post
    Just to be fair, we don't have a proven track record yet with Internet Brands. Saying we'll have to pay 0.00 is a bit presumptuous at best given the fact we have no product in hand.
    This is from vBulletin announcements and staff responses. vBulletin is going through transitioning period. New owners laid out their rules and policies. Right now I have no reason to not believe.

I'd be the first one to doubt and criticize vBulletin and IB. By the way, I did that many times before.

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    Just to be fair, we don't have a proven track record yet with Internet Brands. Saying we'll have to pay 0.00 is a bit presumptuous at best given the fact we have no product in hand.

Leave a comment:

• kyrgyz
    replied
    Originally posted by AndyRixon View Post
    IPS does let you upgrade and receive support, and it ain't $100 every 6 months, it is $25 every 6 months, please do your research.
    Ok. it's $100 per year

From IPS News:
    Ordering products (Board/Blog/Gallery) separately: $264.97 up front plus $100 per year for support/services/upgrades.
    http://community.invisionpower.com/t...ite-promotion/

the thing that I am trying to get at, is why vB increased the prices,
    You pay for the vB Suite (CMS, Blog, Forum, Albums) $285 and that includes upgrades, updates and support for the life of vB4 series which expected to be around 24 months.

Let's do the math:
    IPS: $265 + $100 +100 = $465

See the difference?

So, you are twisting the truth, right?
    Last edited by kyrgyz; Fri 30 Oct '09, 2:45pm.

Leave a comment:

• AndyRixon
    replied
    Every company has there own pricing structures, Both products are great, no doubt, the thing that I am trying to get at, is why vB increased the prices, IPS does let you upgrade and receive support, and it ain't $100 every 6 months, it is $25 every 6 months, please do your research.

I never twisted the truth, I am just trying to find out why the sudden increase in price.

This thread was opened to find out why, not for a debate/argument whats twisted or not.

Leave a comment:

• kyrgyz
    replied
    why has the price of vBulletin gone up, the reason given in the FAQ is not good enough, IP.Board has released a re-wrote product (IP.Board 3), and yes I am an active customer there, and was an active customer here too, but just because you are re writing the platform it don't mean that the prices have to go up, IPS hasn't done it.
    Funny how you twisted the truth in favor of IPS.

Counter-questions: Does IPS let you have upgrades, updates and support for the life of IP Community Suite (IB. Board 3, etc) without paying $100 or so every 6 months? How much is IPS gonna cost you at the end?

Don't you think IPS is milking more money out of you by charging for each product separately, including semi-annual support fees?

Please, do the math and only then come to conclusion.
    Last edited by kyrgyz; Fri 30 Oct '09, 2:29pm.

Leave a comment:

• AndyRixon
    replied
    What do you mean by "Trolling"?

Leave a comment:

• steven s
    replied
    Trolling?

Leave a comment:

• AndyRixon
    replied
    Just because of an ownership change, they still shouldn't need to increase the price of a product, if they do, not that much, the price is way to high, and I ain't supprised that many vb customers has converted to use IP.Board.

Leave a comment:

• influence
    replied
    Originally posted by jetgaming View Post
    Because vB is now owned by an american company...
    oh, I didn't know they had some ownership changes. I guess that explain it all. Luxury car prices must have went up drastically

Leave a comment:

• jetgaming
    replied
    Because vB is now owned by an american company...

Leave a comment:

• influence
    replied
    I dont get it myself but hey stuff happen I guess. I have owned so many sites and used so many script/softwares from social to forums and so on and I have never seen the price to upgrade a software went up almost 4x the usual fee during my 10+ years as a webmaster.

Leave a comment: