Cost to Upgrade from vB4 to vB4 Suite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shohin View Post
    When vB 5.0 comes out you will again have to pay full price for. Sucks doesn't it.
    Then, when you were told that it was not true that it was the full price, you wrote:
    The bottom line is that you will indeed have to pay something when 5.0 is released.
    In context - at least for me - that clearly read as if you were of the opinion that it did not matter at all whether it was full price or an upgrade price, as long as there was something to be paid, it sucked.
    If I took you wrong there, I'm sorry, but I still read it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by cellarius View Post

In context - at least for me - that clearly read as if you were of the opinion that it did not matter at all whether it was full price or an upgrade price, as long as there was something to be paid, it sucked.
      If I took you wrong there, I'm sorry, but I still read it that way.
      No problem. I’m sure we are all well aware of how miscommunication can occur on a forum site.
      I (we) have always had to pay for a yearly license renewal and something I’ve never had any problem with whatsoever nor do I feel that most, if not all, members had any issue with that. As I previously said, opinions will always vary. I think that it basically all centers around everyone suddenly being confronted with a substantial output of money and then being placed in a very small time frame to make a decision with something that they’ve not yet seen. However, this has all been discussed ad nauseum so there is certainly no need to get into such a discussion again. As someone so aptly put it on another thread/post; “It is what it is.”

Comment

Over the lifetime of the 3.x line I've spent more than $130 in the initial price of the software plus maintenance renewals. So, pre-ordering 4.0PS (which is not just the forums, but a host of other good stuff) makes good financial sense, providing that the life cycle of 4.0 is as long as 3.x is. I'm willing to take that gamble.

Even so, the full price of the software isn't bad for what it is, meaning that it's one of the best forum software packages on the internet. Back in the days of BBS's, the functionality of vB would have been comparable to the most expensive of BBS softwares, which when priced out would have been several hundred dollars more than vB. So if you want to do an apples to apples comparison, vB is still a bargain. I'm happy to be using it, and really looking forward to the 4.0 product line.

Comment

No problem. I’m sure we are all well aware of how miscommunication can occur on a forum site.
          I (we) have always had to pay for a yearly license renewal and something I’ve never had any problem with whatsoever nor do I feel that most, if not all, members had any issue with that. As I previously said, opinions will always vary. I think that it basically all centers around everyone suddenly being confronted with a substantial output of money and then being placed in a very small time frame to make a decision with something that they’ve not yet seen. However, this has all been discussed ad nauseum so there is certainly no need to get into such a discussion again. As someone so aptly put it on another thread/post; “It is what it is.”
          On this, we sure can agree

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X