Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cost to Upgrade from vB4 to vB4 Suite

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cost to Upgrade from vB4 to vB4 Suite

    Like many others, I really feel rushed and disappointed about how this new version is being pushed on everyone and we are forced to make rush decisions. I think that is going to come back and bite vbulletin in the ass.. but oh well... it is what it is.

    MY QUESTION is .... if I choose to only purchase vB4 Forum for my current and expired versions... and then in a few months I decide that vB4 Suite looks pretty good.... what then?? Will I have to pay full price to purchase the Suite or what ?

  • #2
    That would be a great option to have. as then i would buy vb 4 suite.

    Comment


    • #3
      You'll have to pay the full upgrade price currently.
      Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
      VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
      vBulletin Hosting and Services
      Server / Website Consultation

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by mkirch View Post
        Like many others, I really feel rushed and disappointed about how this new version is being pushed on everyone and we are forced to make rush decisions. I think that is going to come back and bite vbulletin in the ass.. but oh well... it is what it is.

        MY QUESTION is .... if I choose to only purchase vB4 Forum for my current and expired versions... and then in a few months I decide that vB4 Suite looks pretty good.... what then?? Will I have to pay full price to purchase the Suite or what ?
        We don't know what that price is yet but since it's actually cheaper to purchase the Suite than the Forums only right now (and before the Pre-sale ends) it would make sense to do that. Otherwise I see absolutely no reason to pay more now for less, and then possibly pay more again later.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

        Steve Machol Photography


        Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


        Comment


        • #5
          Since were talking upgrade and I don't want to start a new thread. Do you believe when VB5 comes out there will be an upgrade price or will we be able to upgrade for free.
          .I guess I just found a bug. When adding this smilie. I couldn't post past it. It should be after free and before found bug.
          On with message that should be after smilie. Or will we have to pay for full VB5 license.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
            I see absolutely no reason to pay more now for less, and then possibly pay more again later.
            Well in addition to my semi-current licences, I also have about 4 or 5 expired licenses from over a year ago which will cost me $20-30 per license MORE than simply buying 4 standard Forum licences. I just dont know if I am going to have much use for many of the features offered by vB4 Suite.... especially considering I haven't seen it yet.

            As a customer I really despise being put in this position. It doesn't feel comfortable to rushed into purchasing something when you have no idea if you will even like it.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Super Cat View Post
              Since were talking upgrade and I don't want to start a new thread. Do you believe when VB5 comes out there will be an upgrade price or will we be able to upgrade for free.
              .I guess I just found a bug. When adding this smilie. I couldn't post past it. It should be after free and before found bug.
              On with message that should be after smilie. Or will we have to pay for full VB5 license.
              When vB 5.0 comes out you will again have to pay full price for. Sucks doesn't it.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by shohin View Post
                When vB 5.0 comes out you will again have to pay full price for. Sucks doesn't it.
                Where'd you get that from? You will be able to upgrade your vBulletin 4 license to version 5 when the times comes, at a discounted rate. Ray has mentioned this somewhere (don't have an exact post ID).

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                  We don't know what that price is yet but since it's actually cheaper to purchase the Suite than the Forums only right now (and before the Pre-sale ends) it would make sense to do that. Otherwise I see absolutely no reason to pay more now for less, and then possibly pay more again later.
                  Steve - This is part of the problem. This reply only is accurate regarding current maintenance. Others must pay $190 and $210. So how can these customers make a decision on upgrading to the suite at this time if you guys don't know the cost to upgrade from regular to suite? People sometimes may hold on to their money and decide later to do it when they need it and if the price difference might not be that large!
                  My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Dismounted View Post
                    Where'd you get that from? You will be able to upgrade your vBulletin 4 license to version 5 when the times comes, at a discounted rate. Ray has mentioned this somewhere (don't have an exact post ID).
                    OK, I might very well be wrong as to paying full price but that was my understanding. The bottom line is that you will indeed have to pay something when 5.0 is released. There has been so many announcements on this entire fiasco the past week or so it's enough to make ones head spin!

                    ~Phil~

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Obviously there are people with varying amounts of money in their pocket. But I am always in disbelief about the complaints.

                      $130 for an upgrade to a radically new product ??? Has anyone here purchased retail software such as Office or similar products? The price of those other products, being sold by the millions, is a lot more than the Vb upgrade.

                      For the level of engineering going into this product, and the level of support, $130 was chump change for an upgrade.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by shohin View Post
                        OK, I might very well be wrong as to paying full price but that was my understanding. The bottom line is that you will indeed have to pay something when 5.0 is released. There has been so many announcements on this entire fiasco the past week or so it's enough to make ones head spin!

                        ~Phil~
                        Why, of course you'll have to pay something when you upgrade from vB4 to vB5. You can't really expect to pay one time and from then on to get everything for free? Well, thinking of it, I bought Win 3.0 sometime back in the nineties. Microsoft sure screwed me over charging me an upgrade price for every subsequent version! Gotta go complain they're charging me for Win7 yet again!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Comparing vB to an OS just doesn't wash. This comparison has been repeatedly been made lately and it does not cut it. Comparing the two is like comparing the proverbial apples to oranges.
                          However, as is always the case opinions will certainly vary.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Leave the comparison away. So you think you should pay once for vB4 and then get a lifetime of updates and upgrades free, forever? You can't be serious about this. That's not even how it worked with the old license system.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by cellarius View Post
                              Leave the comparison away. So you think you should pay once for vB4 and then get a lifetime of updates and upgrades free, forever? You can't be serious about this. That's not even how it worked with the old license system.
                              If you would be so kind as to point out exactly where I ever said that?

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X