Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vb4 PS, will I be able to integrate right column with forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vb4 PS, will I be able to integrate right column with forum?

I currently have my site setup to use vBadvanced for my CMS for my portal to non-forum pages with a 3 column layout... main in the middle with thin left and right margins on all pages but the forum. While in the forum, I drop the left column and just have a thin right column where I run some ads and have other information I want throughout. Will the publishing suite let me manage layout on the forum pages? Can I have a publishing suite column on the right, or headers and footers etc.?

Will iFrames work in the publishing suite widgets? I use OpenAds and sometimes use iFrames to have them load in the background so they don't hold up the page loading... any reason why this won't work in the publishing suite?
    Mikey
    PDAPhoneHome ... Get Converged! / NortheastFoto ... Get Imaged!

The grid system has not been included in the forums, due to it not being refactored for the 4.0 release. I've been told this is a high priority goal though. To answer your question: no, widgets cannot be used in the forums in the initial 4.0 release.

Using inline frames in widgets: there is a "Static HTML" widget, and this can include whatever HTML you would like.

Comment

Thanks for the update. The way we've implemented the right margin in our current design is by starting the right column in the footer template. Is there any reason we couldn't do the same thing with 4.0. For this to work, the overall footer template would need to be the same between the publishing suite and forums. I suppose if this weren't the case, we could try to match the CMS's right column in the forum manually, but I was hoping to avoid inconsistency. The right column is pretty important to our funding stream for the forum.
      Mikey
      PDAPhoneHome ... Get Converged! / NortheastFoto ... Get Imaged!

Comment

The footer template is shared across cms and forums (and blogs, for that matter).

Comment

Originally posted by mccollin View Post
          I currently have my site setup to use vBadvanced for my CMS for my portal to non-forum pages with a 3 column layout... main in the middle with thin left and right margins on all pages but the forum. While in the forum, I drop the left column and just have a thin right column where I run some ads and have other information I want throughout. Will the publishing suite let me manage layout on the forum pages? Can I have a publishing suite column on the right, or headers and footers etc.?

Will iFrames work in the publishing suite widgets? I use OpenAds and sometimes use iFrames to have them load in the background so they don't hold up the page loading... any reason why this won't work in the publishing suite?
          I use a similar system, but with two columns, one for the forum and a side for latest posts, etc.

I've never had luck with iframes. They also come out different across different browsers. For me anyway.
          I'm hoping to continue to use vBadvanced for my columns in vB4.
          ...steven
          www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
          bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
          "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X