vB4 Publishing Suite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vB4 Publishing Suite

Right now my site is setup on multiple servers... by that, I mean that the database is one one server, the vB forum is on another, the images on a 3rd and the homepage (which uses vB pieces) on a fourth. This is all for one site, but due to load issues, having multiple servers helps keep things running quickly.

With the vB4 publishing suite, will I be able to do the same or will the entire suite have to be installed on one machine? I would imagine the vB4 forum only I could probably do the same as what I am doing now.
    Kevlar
    Bimmerforums - The Ultimate BMW Forum

I doubt this is something that has actually been tested out at this point. I would imagine that you could use htaccess to redirect the articles to a different server, but to be honest, I'm really not sure.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Hey Kevlar, shouldn't be a problem seeing as vBulletin.com own forum runs in a multi server environment as such Suite edition would be the same as forum in that regard.
      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Excellent... that means that the publishing suite may be in my future, I just had to make sure it was something I could off-load to another server. The next thing I have to tackle is off-loading attachment file handling to another box. Oh the fun.
        Kevlar
        Bimmerforums - The Ultimate BMW Forum

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X