Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VB4 Publishing Suite License Expiration

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • VB4 Publishing Suite License Expiration

    from my understanding, the vb licensing term is 1 year.
    will my vb4 suite license 1 year term be considered as purchased on the day i make the purchase during the presale period or will my 1 year term be considered on the day i decide to download the the vb4 suite?
    my apologies if this is a repost.

    thanks

  • #2
    The license is valid for the life of the 4.x series.

    No need to worry about expiration date

    Comment


    • #3
      There are no more yearly renewals. your license is good thru the life of vB4.x

      Comment


      • #4
        oh that's awesome!
        is this something new with vb4?

        Comment


        • #5
          Expiration? 1 year term?

          Isn't the license lifelong?

          Now I am confused?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by jeffutogo View Post
            Expiration? 1 year term?

            Isn't the license lifelong?

            Now I am confused?
            what i'm referring to is licenses being expired

            Comment


            • #7
              I am sorry. I am not familiar with these.
              For example, if I purchase 4.0 Publishing Suite, it has expiry date? And I have to renew it after expired, like the hosting?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jeffutogo View Post
                I am sorry. I am not familiar with these.
                For example, if I purchase 4.0 Publishing Suite, it has expiry date? And I have to renew it after expired, like the hosting?
                according to these responses below, you vb4 license is good throughout the life of the vb4 series.
                Originally posted by odln018 View Post
                The license is valid for the life of the 4.x series.

                No need to worry about expiration date
                Originally posted by VonDoom View Post
                There are no more yearly renewals. your license is good thru the life of vB4.x
                sorry for the confusion.
                i come from the early stages of vb and from my understanding, the vb license was good for a year then it would go into an inactive state.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Pre 4.0, you purchased a license, then had to pay yearly renewals.

                  With 4.0/5.0/etc, you will pay once for the series. So you'll pay xxx.xx for 4.0, and that will cover you for the life of the product (which is currently estimated at 18-24 months. Then if you want to go to the 5.0, you'll have another xxx.xx to pay (currently estimated at 175.00).

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    It is confusing though, i've had an email through listing what i've got the last entry for my last purchase is
                    vBulletin 4.0 Publishing Suite; expires: Oct 20th '10
                    That gives me an expire date when it's not supposed to expire...that can't be anything but confusing

                    BTW I know it's not going to expire
                    bushcraft uk

                    Tone
                    Explore : Discover : Achieve

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Bushcraft Tone View Post
                      It is confusing though, i've had an email through listing what i've got the last entry for my last purchase is
                      vBulletin 4.0 Publishing Suite; expires: Oct 20th '10
                      That gives me an expire date when it's not supposed to expire...that can't be anything but confusing

                      BTW I know it's not going to expire
                      It was a mistake and they fixted on my licence now shows expiry date never.

                      Comment

                      widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X