Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving Directory for CMS

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Moving Directory for CMS

    hey there...

    my forum is currently on www.domain.com ( not in any sub directory (../forum )
    so my question is.. if i wanna use CMS, do i have to move my forum to sub directory?

    Or would that be possible if i keep my existing forum at same place..... ?????

  • #2
    Cms

    I have my wordpress blog on /wordpress so i would like to install the CMS on root. Should i wait until the CMS is finish or can i install the forum now?

    I also want to transfer the blog from wordpress to VB

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by jumbo-mumbo View Post
      if i wanna use CMS, do i have to move my forum to sub directory?
      You do not need to move your forums anywhere for the Suite to work.
      Originally posted by mindstream View Post
      Should i wait until the CMS is finish or can i install the forum now?
      That's your decision to make - do you want to have an early start with your forum, or would you rather wait until everything is "right"? Also, I doubt a Wordpress importer will be released in tandem with 4.0 Gold.

      Comment


      • #4
        u still havent clear about the CMS ?
        if my forum is on main page, then where would my cms will show?

        Comment


        • #5
          Blog cms and forum are physically in the same folder.
          Plan, Do, Check, Act!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by jumbo-mumbo View Post
            u still havent clear about the CMS ?
            if my forum is on main page, then where would my cms will show?
            Without "Friendly URL Rewriting":
            • Forums: forum.php
            • Blogs: blog.php
            • CMS: content.php

            The index.php file can be configured to point at whichever "section" you want.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Dismounted View Post
              Without "Friendly URL Rewriting":
              • Forums: forum.php
              • Blogs: blog.php
              • CMS: content.php

              The index.php file can be configured to point at whichever "section" you want.
              Woo~~! Thank you.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Dismounted View Post
                Without "Friendly URL Rewriting":
                • Forums: forum.php
                • Blogs: blog.php
                • CMS: content.php
                The index.php file can be configured to point at whichever "section" you want.
                Just so I understand what you are suggesting,....

                The index file will have to be a static html page with a pointer to the forums?
                Or will I be able to use a CMS page to be the index page as a landing page?

                (not using the forums in a subdirectory of course)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Presumably, the way it will work is index.php will redirect you to either the forums (forums.php), blogs (blog.php), or the CMS (content.php) depending on a setting in the admin CP.

                  It sounds like users will hit index.php and then automatically be redirected to the appropriate spot without any action on their part.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ZippySLC View Post
                    Presumably, the way it will work is index.php will redirect you to either the forums (forums.php), blogs (blog.php), or the CMS (content.php) depending on a setting in the admin CP.

                    It sounds like users will hit index.php and then automatically be redirected to the appropriate spot without any action on their part.
                    Precisely.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Dismounted View Post
                      Without "Friendly URL Rewriting":
                      • Forums: forum.php
                      • Blogs: blog.php
                      • CMS: content.php


                      The index.php file can be configured to point at whichever "section" you want.
                      Thanks allot.. thats all i wanted to know

                      Comment

                      widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X