• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are screenshots:
    http://www.vbulletin.com/index.php?do=screenshots

A blog post on developing widgets for the CMS:
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/blog.php?b=2370

A demo of how the CMS layout can be manipulated (early alpha remember, this has likely improved)
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/blog.php?b=2345

A Full description of page creation, etc:
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/blog.php?b=2354

With all do respect, search before firing the rhetoric; makes us all happier . They're trying to get it up, they know customers want to see it in action. They already went to the extent of releasing what is essentially an alpha version of VB 4 to the public. IB IS listening, just give them time. At the present, there's more than enough information, screnshots, etc to evaluate if the CMS will be to your liking IMO.

Comment

I'm not sure if you were directing that comment at me ... I've read all that information but I would rather be cautious and see it in action. The Forums were 'running fine with few bugs' weeks before they released on vb.com and the design also changed dramatically too. I expect changes at this stage but I'd like to see it live to see if it is half way solid or not.
      Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

All I can say is that the CMS is very promising.
        Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
        VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
        vBulletin Hosting and Services
        Server / Website Consultation

Comment

Originally posted by ct2k7 View Post
          Just to give you a bit of more reassurance, I was listening to the IB Q3 2009 Financial results conference yesterday, as a stakeholder, and Bob Briscoe said, and I quote:
          So, we will be releasing it in Q3 in the quarter end.
          You realise that Q3 ended on September, 9th?

Comment

I really wish you would give us at least a quassi date

I went ahead and did the presale pricing purchase, 1). because I would never spend the money for an upgrade without it so it was now or never and 2). because I've delt with the company for a few years now and never once did anyone try to rip me off or act unethical. 3) there is a very active committed community that is always adding modes, customization, themes and features to VB so even if 4 sucks some really phenomenal people will make it better or at least workable.

However it really really sucks that the release date is so cagey.

If you are a VB employee stop reading this a get back to work, WE WANT 4!

Comment

Originally posted by hoover View Post
              you guys are aware that screen shots of 4.0 are available, right?

http://www.vbulletin.com/index.php?do=screenshots

it gives you a good idea about how the article editor works, etc... enough at least to make a call about saving $120 bucks!
              You are aware that a screen shot tells us absolutely nothing about its usability right? And that we have no way of knowing if they are Photoshop mockups or the real thing?

A picture is not as good as seeing the real thing.
              Regards,
              Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                You are aware that a screen shot tells us absolutely nothing about its usability right? And that we have no way of knowing if they are Photoshop mockups or the real thing?

A picture is not as good as seeing the real thing.
                You've been told by the alpha/beta testers that it wasn't photoshopped. I mean, I suppose you don't have to believe us, but I have posted that I was able to quickly mockup something almost exactly like the screen shot on my test site. My articles page was all about cats, however.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by SimpleSchooling View Post
                  With all due respect Ray, why should I, a new potential customer, trust you or anyone else at your company when you can't tell me when your product will be released or what it will even look like? I want to know how I add content, how I can manipulate that content, how I change the layout of the home page, how my customers will interact with it etc. etc. etc.

Perhaps some people go out and buy business software sight unseen, but not me. I get the demo, the webinar, the live sales demo, and the sales pitch before I spend my money. I want to know that you guys know what you're talking about and that your software is the perfect fit for my company and my needs. Last year I wouldn't have even hesitated, but this is not last year and much has happened.

There is so much bad press about this software right now, I just don't know if IB can meet my professional expectations. I am so disappointed, not with the look and feel or any of that pointless stuff, but with the attitudes and the treatment of dissatisfied customers. Two weeks ago, before I came to the pre-sale forum actually, I thought for sure vB was the answer to my business challenges. Now - I have almost given up on this company entirely.

Convince me I am wrong and that you guys have what it takes to satisfy customers. Show me the CMS and give me a demo to play around with. I could care less about saving 50 stinking dollars. How insulting. It isn't about the money - my budget exceeds the price of your software. This is about trusting you and IB to deliver a product that meets my expectations and fulfills my requirements.

How can I possibly make an informed decision if you won't give me the information I require?

I can't tell you how badly I wish I had purchased 3.8 a few months ago. Then I could move forward and deal with this later, but I didn't. So I am stuck here asking questions and hoping that someone will start explaining things beyond "we don't know" and "no we can't".
                  Join the club, SimpleSchooling. You are absolutely right in all of your statements. As a longtime active customer overhere I felt forced to buy into the Suite presale. I did it under LOUD protest, mind you. I have certain reasons why I want to buy this software, but trust in the professionalism of this new vBulletin company isn't one of them (anymore, after the recent unfortunate events).
                  How much do you love XenForo?

Comment

Originally posted by cellarius View Post
                    You realise that Q3 ended on September, 9th?

If I've screwed up the transcript...., let me check...
                    Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
                    VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
                    vBulletin Hosting and Services
                    Server / Website Consultation

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Morgan View Post
                      No, there is no plan to extend the pre-sale. We are working on getting CMS up and running on vb.com as quickly as possible. We are hopeful, but I can't promise that it will be running here before the pre-sale ends.
                      That's very unfortunate and a foolish decision. IB should really reconsider.

At least with the forum we had an idea what it would be like. Afterall, many of us have been using vB for years.
                      The CMS is a new animal.
                      ...steven
                      www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
                      bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
                      "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

Originally posted by ct2k7 View Post
                        Like I said above, you'll need to trust me.
                        You sound perfectly trustworthy to me but that isn't the issue. I believe that this CMS integrated with the blogs and forum is perfect for what I want to do but I must see it first hand. I need to know that what I want to do can be done with vB and that it won't be like writing my thesis to get it accomplished. I must at least see it and poke around. I really want this software but I refuse to purchase without a demo. In addition, I must have the 4.0 with CMS by January 1 (or darn near close) or I might as well look else where right now. I have a self imposed deadline for a project of early Feb and one month is still cutting it short to get it all up and running.

So far all my other options take a second best to vB - I tell you I want it - but I won't work this way. This is not how business is done.

Release date and demo and I'm a happy paying customer. That really isn't asking too much.

Comment

Originally posted by SimpleSchooling View Post
                          I need to know that what I want to do can be done with vB and that it won't be like writing my thesis to get it accomplished.
                          The link below might help you a bit.

http://vbcodex.com/showpost.php?p=2208&postcount=11

Comment

Originally posted by kyrgyz View Post
                            The link below might help you a bit.

http://vbcodex.com/showpost.php?p=2208&postcount=11
                            Thank you, that was helpful.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X