• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tormodg
    replied
    Originally posted by ShogunLord View Post
    ...why we have to pay the discounted fee now
    You don't have to pay anything. You can however choose to take Internet Brands up on their pre-sale deal and get a 50% discount, and then get vB4 when it launches. Or, you can wait until it is launched and then pay the full price.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    You have to look at this the right way round.

The reason for no release date has nothing to do with being cagey or shifty or trying to extract cash. There is no doubt the product will be delivered.

They can't give a release date because, really, they don't know when it'll be ready.

That is an unfortunate fact of software development.

If they DID commit to a release date, I'd be worried, because this would potentially lead to a rushed product to meet an arbitary deadline.

Ray's said they aim to release by the end of the year. Personally I reckon early next year is more realistic. But it's definitely coming. And it won't be 17 months....vBulletin's new business model would be a bit screwed if that happened.

Leave a comment:

• ShogunLord
    started a topic Why Pay Now..???

Why Pay Now..???

My fellow Admins from a forum I run , would like to know why we have to pay the discounted fee now for the Suite version of vB4 when there is NO CLEAR release date..??

Apart from building up vBulletins cash kitty, when the cash is better suited in our Bank Account...

Soon could mean any time as I found out when purchasing another forum script a few years ago, it was a full 17 Months before they released a stable ( Gold ) version....

Regards...
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X