Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modifiying PHP Vbulletin into white label social platform so its a single log in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sheps View Post
    I hate to be a prick but I can't help it....

No one is going to do this for you for free. So either you pay now or you pay more later, you are going to end up paying either way.
    Holy crap. Ya know what VB - these kinds of comments should REALLY concern you. I WANT your product but when I come here to get answers I don't want to see "pricks" like this giving bad (no - make that WORTHLESS) advice to someone trying to make a BUSINESS decision.

Can someone on STAFF please answer this guys question because to be honest I need the same information and you all are on drugs if you think I will buy the software just to get an answer over at the other forum. This is customer service 101.

Comment

Simple answer is NO.

Read the T&C and u will see that what you are asking is not possible.

There are other forum platforms that will allow you to do wat you want with the software, but VB isnt one of them.

It funny the way you are trying to throw ur weight around on the forums when every single post has answered your question.

These forums are here for general questions about pre sales. The question you are asking isnt very general at all. Why not send an email to VB rather then making your self look a total muppet. I'm sure VB surpport isnt based around their forums.

I know that you are going to read these and then calculate a really good reply, and try and make me look like a fool, and no doubt you will suceed, but the answer to your question will still not be answered, so stop wasting your time and everyone times and EMAIL THEM.

Comment

Originally posted by feldon23 View Post
        You can and SHOULD help it.

Most other software out there bends over backwards to have useful discussions with customers about things like integration with other software. vBulletin wants the money up front before you can even have a discussion. And there is no roadmap. Just muddle your way through, and you're completely on your own with subsequent updates.
        I mean they are serious about money up front? I've never heard of such a thing. I have no problem paying top dollar for a product, once I know I can use it the way I want.

Any other suggestions? Perhaps other bulletin softwares? is there anything on the market that is really impressive?

Comment

First of all, what are you talking about "throwing my weight around"?

As I mentioned, this programming thing is not my bag of tea, so I dont know what T&C actually is, nor would I have known that what I was asking wasnt possible. What I do know is that I called Vbulletin and talked to a sales rep who said I could do it and that I needed to come on VBULLETIN.whatever, I assumed it was THIS forum, I wasnt aware there was another forum where you had to pay money in order to ask a question.

Kind of beats the purpose of forums doesnt it?

Once again I dont know where your tone & negative reply comes from. I'm trying to get to the bottom of how this forum software works and the LAST thing I'm going to do is take some sales reps word for it.

I want to talk to an informed programmer WHO I WILL THEN HIRE once we figure out this is all possible.

So once again, I'm not sure how you mean that I am being a "muppet" by buying software for my business.

I'm on here to learn about a software to improve the my product that I offer to my members for my business, so I assure you, I'm not wasting my time.

But what are you doing here wasting your time leaving replies of this nature?

You sir, are truely an idiot and an as*hole.

I came to a forum for a product I am trying to purchase for my business.

And you're right, this isnt a general question.

But do you see a "general questions" section?

On top of all of that, this seems to be the only forum I have permission to post on.
          Last edited by johnnyscience; Wed 28 Oct '09, 7:32pm.

Comment

Johnnyscience:

There is PLENTY of programmers and designers over at www.vbulletin.org that would be more than happy to work with you to achieve what you are looking for. However, to be a registered member there, you MUST hold a valid Vbulletin license.

You are wanting to use the software anyways, and in a day and a half, you will be paying MORE than if you purchased it right now.

This is the only part of the forums you have permission to post on, as the other sections are for Licensed members only.

Also, there is no need to be rude and call people names as it is against forum policies FYI.
            General Rules

• While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
            Good day.
            George Beale
            www.millenniumcapitalgroupllc.com - Investment company | www.recyclingbootcamp.com - Where recyclers can come to network with one another! | www.viprecycling.com - Scrap Metal, Junk, & Electronic Recyclers! | www.biddingextreme.com - Online Auction Site |

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeB View Post
              Johnnyscience:

There is PLENTY of programmers and designers over at www.vbulletin.org that would be more than happy to work with you to achieve what you are looking for.
              And I would be happy to pay them to do what I want, once I know it can be done.

And if I buy the software today while its on sale & end up not being able to use it, then I havent saved any money did I? I'm not concered with saving a few dollars, I am concerned with getting the right software I need to run my business.

Why is this concept so hard for people to understand?

I think some people drink the koolaide.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyscience View Post
                And I would be happy to pay them to do what I want, once I know it can be done.

Why is this concept so hard for people to understand?

I think some people drink the koolaide.
                Most might just do it for the added experience, etc. That is their call.

You can view the different parts of vbulletin.org WITH OUT buying a license, but to download mods, or view certain files, you MUST purchase a valid license from www.vbulletin.com

Also, if there is no current mods for what you are looking for, they have a "request" section, where you can post what your looking for, and what your willing to pay (rough estimate, etc) and any/all programmers who can comply, will reply to the thread, or PM you.
                George Beale
                www.millenniumcapitalgroupllc.com - Investment company | www.recyclingbootcamp.com - Where recyclers can come to network with one another! | www.viprecycling.com - Scrap Metal, Junk, & Electronic Recyclers! | www.biddingextreme.com - Online Auction Site |

Comment

You can view the different parts of vbulletin.org WITH OUT buying a license, but to download mods, or view certain files, you MUST purchase a valid license from www.vbulletin.com
                  I'm not trying to download mods, I'm not trying to view certain files, I'm not trying to view different parts of vbulletin.

What I am trying to do is talk to someone who knows how to modify vbulletins PHP, have them take a look at what software I'm using and tell me if we can do it.

Why are we running in circles?

So the sales reps was wrong now you're saying? So you guys are saying that the software you all screamed at me to buy wont even do what I'm trying to accomplish?

Can someone who ACTUALLY knows what they're talking about please respond?

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyscience View Post
                    I'm not trying to download mods, I'm not trying to view certain files, I'm not trying to view different parts of vbulletin.

What I am trying to do is talk to someone who knows how to modify vbulletins PHP, have them take a look at what software I'm using and tell me if we can do it.

Why are we running in circles?

So the sales reps was wrong now you're saying? So you guys are saying that the software you all screamed at me to buy wont even do what I'm trying to accomplish?

Can someone who ACTUALLY knows what they're talking about please respond?

This is a request that would need to be done on www.vbulletin.org

That is where all the programmers who made mods and other modification to any and all parts of vbulletin software are at.

That is where all the stuff like you are wanting gets discussed at. Not really here.
                    George Beale

Comment

Hey you might want to try http://www.bbpixel.com/ I know they do a few bridges and some custom work.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeB View Post
                        This is a request that would need to be done on www.vbulletin.org

That is where all the programmers who made mods and other modification to any and all parts of vbulletin software are at.

That is where all the stuff like you are wanting gets discussed at. Not really here.
                        Well the problem with that is that I have to spend hundreds of dollars apparently for them to want to respond.

Comment

Originally posted by cashiss View Post
                          Hey you might want to try http://www.bbpixel.com/ I know they do a few bridges and some custom work.
                          What is that exaclty? Another forum software?

Can anyone suggest a high end forum software that will integrate right into my site with no additional log in details?

Comment

bbpixel does what you are looking for they make bridges from cms software to vbulletin. I use to use it with joomla/vbulletin and worked good. It's that php coder that works with vbulletin software you are looking for.

Comment

What exactly is cms software?

Is my white label platform considered cms?

Are there any other softwares out there I should be considering? I'm looking for a top quality, really interactive kind that will integrate with the original login of the website & be able to be given the same look as the rest of my site so no one knows.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X