Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modifiying PHP Vbulletin into white label social platform so its a single log in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modifiying PHP Vbulletin into white label social platform so its a single log in?

Alright I talked to a rep today about incorporating vBulletin software into my current white label platform with just my orignal single user log in for members & they said it could be done by modifying the PHP.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a place/person who can do this so I can talk to them further about my particular software that I'm already using and actually getting it modified & incorporated?

Thanks.

www.vBulletin.org.

I'd be happy to discuss this with you over at vB.org with other developers. It'd be wonderful if you named the software you're using, or if it's custom then that works too lol.

Comment

I just made an account over there, but I cant post in the Programming discussions because I still dont have permission? I've verified by email already, this seems to be a 2nd step.

What should I do?

Yes once I get to the write place, I will give all the proper info needed for the white label platform.

Comment

You need to be licensed to post there; since it is regarded as support.
        Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
        VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
        vBulletin Hosting and Services
        Server / Website Consultation

Comment

Well that kind of sucks. I need to be able to talk to someone in depth and show them the software I'm using and see how we can configure it before I buy it.

So I guess I'll just have to talk to people here abouat PHP?

What do you guys suggest?

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyscience View Post
            Alright I talked to a rep today about incorporating vBulletin software into my current white label platform with just my orignal single user log in for members & they said it could be done by modifying the PHP.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a place/person who can do this so I can talk to them further about my particular software that I'm already using and actually getting it modified & incorporated?

Thanks.

What do you guys suggest?
            Buy the software.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

Boy arent you the helpful one.

I need to talk to someone to find out for sure if I can can even do what I want to do, what is entailed and what it will cost before I even think about spending a dime.

You're a great salesman.

Comment

You're a great salesman.
                Thank you!

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

anyone have any input on this? I need to talk with someone who can do PHP to make sure this can be done exactly to my specs

Comment

The input has already been given. You need to make a post on vbulletin.org, which you need to purchase vbulletin to post on vbulletin.org

also, there is nothing that prevents anything from doing exactly your specs, whatever they may be.

Also what is a "white label social platform" exactly (the name of said product)

Comment

Originally posted by sweede View Post
                      The input has already been given. You need to make a post on vbulletin.org, which you need to purchase vbulletin to post on vbulletin.org

also, there is nothing that prevents anything from doing exactly your specs, whatever they may be.

Also what is a "white label social platform" exactly (the name of said product)
                      As I mentioned, I'm not buying anything until I talk to someone who knows exactly how to modify PHP, will take a look at my particular social network white label software & verify that indeed they can seamlessly integrate the login & look to be exactly the same as my main website.

I'm being very cautious because of the white label software I'm using, I do not know its limitations and I'm not qualified to be able to make that decision.

The fact that I cant post on vbulletin.org to talk to someone about getting this installed without paying for something is absurd.

If anyone is familiar with PHP, can you please PM me so we can talk further about the possibility of making it seamless via login & look, how long it will take & how much it will cost, I would greatly appreciate it.

I am using the social networking white label platform from www.socialgo.com or www.zocku.com

They are sister companies, one does adult, one does everything else, but the software itself is the same.

And I know they have their own forums built in, but they are not very advanced and does not allow an indept discussion area where I can go sub-forums and sub sub forums if needed.
                      Last edited by johnnyscience; Wed 28 Oct '09, 1:13pm.

Comment

I hate to be a prick but I can't help it....

No one is going to do this for you for free. So either you pay now or you pay more later, you are going to end up paying either way.

Comment

This is ridiculous.

I'm not asking for anyone to do it for free.

In fact if you read above, I clearly state that I need to talk with the person who will modify the PHP to see how much time & money this is going to cost me once they take a look at what I'm working with & if its possible to do everything I need it to do.

It may not be worth my time. But it probably is.

So you want me to pay for something before I even know if its 100% integrateable with my particular software? Does that honestly make sense to you?

http://static.olark.com/js/html/url_...24.html?reload

I dont know if that link helps as well.

Comment

Originally posted by sweede View Post
                            This is the kind of complete nonsense that is really hurting vBulletin in the eyes of integrators. vBulletin is a sealed box that doesn't integrate with other software, and if you DO want to integrate with other software, you have to pony up the cash before you can have a real discussion with anyone about it. Absurd.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheps View Post
                              I hate to be a prick but I can't help it....
                              You can and SHOULD help it.

Most other software out there bends over backwards to have useful discussions with customers about things like integration with other software. vBulletin wants the money up front before you can even have a discussion. And there is no roadmap. Just muddle your way through, and you're completely on your own with subsequent updates.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X