Transfering of licenses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfering of licenses

I have a number of vBulletin licenses. Some have expired, some have not. I plan on upgrading 5 of my sites to the suite. The other sites will remain with 3.8.4. Is it possible to transfer licenses within my account, so that I can take advantage of the pre-sales offer of $130 for the 5 sites that I will be upgrading? How would you recommend I proceed?

As far as I know, expired licenses are more expensive to upgrade (I think $190) regardless of which account they are associated with. So you will be paying the same price for the upgrades.

Comment

Originally posted by Bizstudent View Post
      As far as I know, expired licenses are more expensive to upgrade (I think $190) regardless of which account they are associated with. So you will be paying the same price for the upgrades.
      Yes, but I was curious if I could swap licenses between my sites. I've got active licenses for sites that I will not be upgrading. On the flip side, I've got inactive licenses for sites that will be upgraded. Ideally, I'd like pay $130 * 5, rather than $130 *3 and $190 * 2. This is a pretty expensive upgrade, so looking to save where I can.

Comment

You can change the URLs for each license as long as you are only running one copy of vB per license.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
          You can change the URLs for each license as long as you are only running one copy of vB per license.
          So, as long as I have 5 "active" licenses, I can upgrade those to vb4 and then change which licenses get the vB 4 update.

Let's say I swap licenses in the customer section, do I need to update any files on my sites to reflect the changes?

Yes, all copies are licensed --- 1 per domain. It's just that some of my active licenses (eligible for $130 upgrade) are for sites that I won't be upgrading and my inactive ($190 upgrade) are for sites that I will be upgrading.

Comment

Just change the forum URL for those licenses in the Members Area. Technically you should also upload the files for each license but as long as you are not running any illegal installs that is not going to be an issue.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X