Credit card policies for product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit card policies for product

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand that a merchant has to provide a product that they sell in a certain amount of time or else they violate credit card merchant policy. Especially when not even informing a customer when they may have it.

You are provided with a copy of vBulletin 3.8.4 as soon as you purchase.

Comment

Zachery,
      Not intending to cause more problems then you may already have but customer is actually purchasing the 4.0 suite upgrade and at the time of purchase it does not say something to the effect of "You are purchasing vbulletin 3.8.4 and whenever 4.0 suite is released, you will get it". Credit card rules are very strict. You can have more problems then you are aware by not following them to the T.

Comment

This rule only applies if it was not made clear at the time of purchase that delivery would not be immediate, or by a certain date.

It's quite clear when you buy the 4.0 upgrade that you are buying a future release, it's a pre-sale offer. There has been no attempt to mislead anyone over the release as far as I can see.

Originally posted by howard007 View Post
        Zachery,
        Not intending to cause more problems then you may already have but customer is actually purchasing the 4.0 suite upgrade and at the time of purchase it does not say something to the effect of "You are purchasing vbulletin 3.8.4 and whenever 4.0 suite is released, you will get it". Credit card rules are very strict. You can have more problems then you are aware by not following them to the T.
        Apart from this, on the very first "purchase" page:

Please Note: vBulletin 4.0 Publishing Suite is currently on sale at a substantial discount on a pre-sale basis. You will be able to download the latest release of vBulletin (3.8) as soon as your purchase is completed. You will be able to download the 4.0 releases of Forums and Publishing Suite as soon as they are released. These pre-sale discounts are available for a limited time only.
        In fact, it actually says almost word for word what you're claiming it DOESN'T say.
        Last edited by Mark.B; Tue 27 Oct '09, 1:37pm.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.2 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

I have to agree with Mark. The rule you are stating, has no reflection towards Vbulletin as it clearly states on the sites, it is a pre-sale, but you will be able to download the latest version of vbulletin which is 3.8.4. Then when 4.0 is released, you will be able to download either just the forums, or the entire suite.
          George Beale
          www.millenniumcapitalgroupllc.com - Investment company | www.recyclingbootcamp.com - Where recyclers can come to network with one another! | www.viprecycling.com - Scrap Metal, Junk, & Electronic Recyclers! | www.biddingextreme.com - Online Auction Site |

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeB View Post
            I have to agree with Mark. The rule you are stating, has no reflection towards Vbulletin as it clearly states on the sites, it is a pre-sale, but you will be able to download the latest version of vbulletin which is 3.8.4. Then when 4.0 is released, you will be able to download either just the forums, or the entire suite.
            This is not really relevant to the topic, but as far as I know you won't be able to download just the forums if you buy the suite....you would download the suite, but if you didn't want the CMS and Blog you would disable those features. You won't get a choice of which to download.

Comment

So are we in fact buying a new license for a new product altogether? with 3.84 being a placeholder until the release?
              Meaning that I now hold two 3.84 licenses? That I am free to install on separate domains ?

If that is the case I am not quite so upset over the price, That is if my old 3.84 was not forfeited as a trade in, ie: core part. in exchange for the discount.

I could continue to run a 3.84 after I put 4.0 live.
              Designing Your Forum Around The Members Lifestyle becoming A Valuable Asset To The Community With VB Before Trying To Make A Buck.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsxrocks View Post
                So are we in fact buying a new license for a new product altogether? with 3.84 being a placeholder until the release?
                Meaning that I now hold two 3.84 licenses? That I am free to install on separate domains ?

If that is the case I am not quite so upset over the price, That is if my old 3.84 was not forfeited as a trade in, ie: core part. in exchange for the discount.

No, you purchased an upgrade. You do not get any special access or a seperate license. Anyone who purchases a new license, or purchases an upgrade has imediate access to the software package. Just not 4.0.

Comment

If you purchase a new license, then it is treated as a new and separate license. If you purchase an upgrade to an existing license then this is still one license. Either way you have access to vB 3.8.4 until vB4 is released.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
                    This is not really relevant to the topic, but as far as I know you won't be able to download just the forums if you buy the suite....you would download the suite, but if you didn't want the CMS and Blog you would disable those features. You won't get a choice of which to download.
                    Mark,

Thank you for the correction. That is what I meant to say. Not sure why I worded it the other way for.
                    George Beale
                    www.millenniumcapitalgroupllc.com - Investment company | www.recyclingbootcamp.com - Where recyclers can come to network with one another! | www.viprecycling.com - Scrap Metal, Junk, & Electronic Recyclers! | www.biddingextreme.com - Online Auction Site |

Comment

Originally posted by rootsxrocks View Post
                      Definitely not. It's one or the other.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X