CMS vs Standalone Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMS vs Standalone Forum

If i purchase the suite can I still run the forum standalone, or does it have to run in the cms. much thanks. I know very little about a cms

You can disable the CMS if you wish to, it is all customisable via admincp

Comment

thank you very much

Comment

but, do we need to install the all suite (cms and blogs) or we are free to install the forum only?
        If I'm not planning using the cms or blogs I don't want to have those files around.

Comment

The vB Publishing suite license is for that only, you only get the Publishing Suite package download. You can turn off the features you don't need in admincp, so to answer your question, no.
          Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
          VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
          vBulletin Hosting and Services
          Server / Website Consultation

Comment

Originally posted by nfn View Post
            but, do we need to install the all suite (cms and blogs) or we are free to install the forum only?
            If I'm not planning using the cms or blogs I don't want to have those files around.
            VB4 Publishing Suite comes in a single script to install all at once. Once installed, you could disable any component.
            But we will surely be able to hijack the installation script

Comment

What's the gain? A couple of additional php and js scripts, some xml files, all in all some kilobytes on the server hard drive - I wouldn't bother.

Comment

Do you know if as a Suite owner we can download Forum product?

Comment

There's no point.

Comment

The Suite includes the forums, you can simple disable any extras you don't want.

Comment

Originally posted by nfn View Post
                      Do you know if as a Suite owner we can download Forum product?
                      Two separate products. If you don't want the CMS then just buy Forums Classic.

Comment

I guess the real question here (I have it too) is: Is there a discount available for existing customers with active licenses who JUST want the forum software - and not the CMS? And if you're one of those people, should you
                        a) buy the CMS and turn it off - i.e. just use the forum?
                        b) just wait 'til your license expires and upgrade to 4.0 Forums?
                        c) there actually IS a discount...?

Thanks!

Comment

No, there is no Pre-sale on vB4 Forums.

http://www.vbulletin.com/faq.php#faq-88
                          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X