Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin 4 Question

Hello,

I was wondering, if you have an Owned licence for 3.0, do you have to pay to upgrade to vB 4.0 forums, or is it free?

Is it just the Publishing suite you have to pay to upgrade to?

cheers,

Kevin

If you have an Owned License, you will receive updates for vBulletin until your support period expires. At that point, you will be able to run the last available version to you forever. The previous renewal product for the license has been discontinued. You can choose to upgrade to one of the new licenses, at any time, which provides you with the entire vBulletin 4 series of updates (i.e. no yearly renewal).

Comment

Originally posted by Dismounted View Post
      If you have an Owned License, you will receive updates for vBulletin until your support period expires. At that point, you will be able to run the last available version to you forever. The previous renewal product for the license has been discontinued. You can choose to upgrade to one of the new licenses, at any time, which provides you with the entire vBulletin 4 series of updates (i.e. no yearly renewal).

Okay, since the system has changed, does that mean it will be free to upgrade to vBulletin 5.0 when it's released?

Comment

We don't know the full details as of yet, but several suggestions include that we will pay $175 for vB 5 when it comes out (approx 18-24 months)
        Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
        VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
        vBulletin Hosting and Services
        Server / Website Consultation

Comment

Originally posted by ct2k7 View Post
          We don't know the full details as of yet, but several suggestions include that we will pay $175 for vB 5 when it comes out (approx 18-24 months)
          Christ, that's alot of money for a student trying to make a community to pay continuously over and over again, you would think the one time licence fee would be enough, since it is quite expensive

Comment

Well it could be 3 years, but the current timeline is around 18-24 months - I'm 16, and I'm already tying myself in a knot. Work on vB 5 has already begun.
            Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
            VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
            vBulletin Hosting and Services
            Server / Website Consultation

Comment

Originally posted by KevinB View Post
              Christ, that's alot of money for a student trying to make a community to pay continuously over and over again, you would think the one time licence fee would be enough, since it is quite expensive
              Keep in mind that you paid yearly renewals under the old system. In the new system, you pay a one time fee to receive all the updates in that major series.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X