Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I get access to the newest 3.8.x version?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I get access to the newest 3.8.x version?

Hi,

I have an expired owned license, but would like to upgrade to the newest version (3.8.4). I do not need the CMS, I just need the forum.

If I bought the CMS, I could download 3.8.4, but I don't want to buy something i don't need. I only need the forum. However, it seems I cannot buy a license for the 4.x forums yet. And I cannot renew my license.

So what do I do?

I would gladly buy the 4.0 forum license (not the CMS), but that option is disabled. I would gladly renew my license, but that option is no longer available.

Does that mean I'm stuck with my current (old) version of the forum, until 4.0 comes out, even though there IS a newer version available? I hope not.
    Queosia - Hódító - Hódító fórum - Spirituális fórum - Spirituális oldal

You can upgrade your license to one of the new ones. It costs $175 for Forum Classic, and currently, $130 for the Suite during the pre-release sale. There is no sale on the cost of upgrading to Forum Classic.

Comment

Originally posted by Dismounted View Post
      You can upgrade your license to one of the new ones. It costs $175 for Forum Classic, and currently, $130 for the Suite during the pre-release sale. There is no sale on the cost of upgrading to Forum Classic.
      With an inactive license, the suite upgrade costs me $190, so the $175 would still be cheaper, however I cannot select that option. Under "Upgrade options" I have the following 3 options:

vBulletin 4.0 Publishing Suite$250.00$190.00(until Oct 30, 2009 !)
      vBulletin 4.0 Forums - $175 (Coming Soon !)
      No Upgrade

The middle one (Forums) is gray, and cannot be selected.

Is "soon" a couple of days, or weeks? If so, I can wait. But if it's until 4.0 comes out, then I guess I'd like to upgrade my forum to a newver version sooner.

Thanks.

Comment

You should be able to upgrade to a Forum Classic license now. Probably a good idea to send an email to [email protected].

Comment

Originally posted by Dismounted View Post
          You should be able to upgrade to a Forum Classic license now. Probably a good idea to send an email to [email protected].
          Oh. Okay, I'll do that then. Thanks a lot!

Comment

I more or less have the same question. I have an owned license that just expired 10/22/09 and just purchased the 4.0 suite as that seemed to be the only option. I'm currently running 3.7.2 and at this point in time I'm not at all sure if I wish to go over to 4.0 when it becomes available. I'd simply like to upgrade to 3.8.4 but I can't for the life of me see how I can download it! I had the download file on my computer but I recently purchased a new computer and forgot to save the file. One would think that the 3.8.4. download would still be available. Seeing that 4.0 is not available yet I would imagine that the 3.8.4 download is available to new customers so why not me? What gives?

Comment

Never mind....I got it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X