vB4 CMS Question before purchasing Suite - Looking for Staff Response

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vB4 CMS Question before purchasing Suite - Looking for Staff Response

I would like one question answered by a vBulletin staff memeber before I go ahead in purchasing a v4 New Suite License. This will help me out a great deal if answered before end of the pre-sale. As soon as I have a clear answer I will go ahead with the Suite purchase. Thank you vB

When the new CMS is released will I be able to set up my main page usuing the CMS to look like this:

(Specifically: Active Topics in the center - Marketplace and Off-Topic blocks on the sides pulling threads from specific forums)

Thank you,

-Marc
    TBAEC Admin

Originally posted by too_cool_3 View Post
    I would like one question answered by a vBulletin staff memeber before I go ahead in purchasing a v4 New Suite License. This will help me out a great deal if answered before end of the pre-sale. As soon as I have a clear answer I will go ahead with the Suite purchase. Thank you vB

When the new CMS is released will I be able to set up my main page usuing the CMS to look like this:

(Specifically: Active Topics in the center - Marketplace and Off-Topic blocks on the sides pulling threads from specific forums)

Thank you,

-Marc
    TBAEC Admin
    Isn't that vBadvanced? I would imagine they will release a vB 4 version too.

Comment

Yes it is vbPortal and as of right now no they are not. It's pretty dead over at vbportal.com with scottsmist and nitro leaving wajones by himself.

Comment

Yes it is vbPortal and as of right now no they are not. It's pretty dead over at vbportal.com with scottsmist and nitro leaving wajones by himself.
        Well http://www.vbadvanced.com/forum/show...86&postcount=8 vbadvanced seem to be continuing and it is pretty much the same.

Comment

The reason I'm asking is because I would like to purchase vB SUITE to replace usuing vbportal or vbadvance. A staff response is greatly appreciated as I would like to purchase today.

Comment

Open a support ticket. You'll get a staff response much sooner.

Comment

You are not going to get the same results with the CMS as you would from vBportal or vBadvanced.
              Not from the sample image I remember seeing.
              ...steven
              www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
              bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
              "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

K, well kind of confused now, if I should get the SUITE or just FORUM. The whole point in going with the SUITE would be to use the CMS to duplicate my screenshot above, at least to some extent..

A response from somone who has seen the CMS in action would really help me out?

Comment

K, well kind of confused now, if I should get the SUITE or just FORUM. The whole point in going with the SUITE would be to use the CMS to duplicate my screenshot above, at least to some extent..

A response from somone who has seen the CMS in action would really help me out?
                  I'm not anyone special but you may want to watch this video by a staff member:
                  http://www.screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cQVn6inpa

It was in this blog:
                  http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/blog.php?b=2345

And you should probably see these screen shots if you haven't:
                  http://www.vbulletin.com/index.php?do=screenshots

Looks like it can do many things to me.

Comment

Done all that already. Thats why I'm asking this question because from that video posted on Freddie Bingham's blog and the screenshots posted on the home page it seems that I can recreate my home page using the new CMS but only if it allows you to set active threads as a main centre block(widget) while at the same time having side blocks(widgets) that will allow me to pull threads only from specified forums. That is my question, will the CMS be able to do this?

Comment

Read this post:
                      http://vbcodex.com/showpost.php?p=2208&postcount=11

Comment

Will you be able to duplicate *exactly* what is in your screen shot with the widgets that are available now?Not exactly, no. Have you seen the screen shot that is posted? It shows recent posts, recent blogs, sections, categories, and articles.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X