[Pre-Sale Question] Publishing Suite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pre-Sale Question] Publishing Suite

Basically, I'm looking at buying vBulletin Publishing suite, and I've two questions:

(1) If I decide not to use the publishing bit, and buy the publishing suite, can I disable it and then just use the forum part.

(2) If I buy the Publishing suite, am I going to have to pay more to upgrade to vBulletin 5 when it's out, or will it be the same price as upgrading your normal vBulletin forum (not publishing suite)

Originally posted by KevinB View Post
    (1) If I decide not to use the publishing bit, and buy the publishing suite, can I disable it and then just use the forum part.
    Yes, all suite components can be disabled in AdminCP.

(2) If I buy the Publishing suite, am I going to have to pay more to upgrade to vBulletin 5 when it's out, or will it be the same price as upgrading your normal vBulletin forum (not publishing suite)
    Nobody knows prices for vB5 obviously Upgrading the suite will probably more expensive, as can be expected. But if you use the forum only, there will be the possibility to downgrade (this has been officially stated, just don't find the link atm, perhaps someone else has it at hand).

Comment

Originally posted by cellarius View Post
      Yes, all suite components can be disabled in AdminCP.

Nobody knows prices for vB5 obviously Upgrading the suite will probably more expensive, as can be expected. But if you use the forum only, there will be the possibility to downgrade (this has been officially stated, just don't find the link atm, perhaps someone else has it at hand).
      ah ok, I see.

I think I'm going to buy the publishing suite, as there is very little difference in the price, when I take the discount into consideration.

would anyone else be able to back up that you will be able to downgrade? just so I'm 100% sure.

cheers,

Kevin.

Comment

Here you go:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...ight=downgrade

Comment

So basically, my understanding from that thread is:

* You are able to downgrade from Suite to Forum with the release of vBulletin 5.0

*If you downgrade to Forum for 5.0, and then decide to upgrade to Suite for 6.0, you will have to pay the suite fees again + the update fees? (not 100% sure with this)

Comment

Not sure what you would do after 5.0, but I would imagine you would just have to purchase the Suite license.

But don't quote me.

Comment

I can't tell the future, but by the current look of things, you are correct, although there are no update fees...
              Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
              VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
              vBulletin Hosting and Services
              Server / Website Consultation

Comment

Where's my post now?

It wasn't published and I forgot to save: can happen. Probably too long winded

Basically I would like to know how the performance is when all extra components are disabled in the Suite. Does it perform the same as a normal VB4 considering speed and so on, or is there still a difference?
                Last edited by TosaInu; Mon 26th Oct '09, 12:39pm. Reason: Post disapeared

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X