Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Completely Baffled and Confused (and indeed worried..)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rnmcd View Post
    But 4.0 Forum is not available for purchase so how do I, at this time, upgrade to 3.8.4?
    You can't without buying vb4

Comment

You have to pre-order 4.0, at which point you can download earlier versions.

Comment

No, if you're expecting vB4 to set your forums a blaze with new features and state of the art technology, then you'll want to stay at 3.8.x or you'll just be disappointed.

Comment

But 4.0 Forum is not available for purchase so how do I, at this time, upgrade to 3.8.4?
          You should be able to purchase the VB4 suite right now. You can't download it yet (it's not released), but you can pre-order it. By doing so, you get access to download the latest VB version, which is 3.8.4.

Comment

Originally posted by Trekkan View Post
            You should be able to purchase the VB4 suite right now. You can't download it yet (it's not released), but you can pre-order it. By doing so, you get access to download the latest VB version, which is 3.8.4.
            But I don't want the suite I want to pay for the forum upgrade to 3.8.4 (if that's by purchasing ver 4 then I'll do that) BUT ver 4 of the forum isn't available for purchase.

I can't believe that the vbulletin company hasn't addressed this issue yet.

Comment

But I don't want the suite I want to pay for the forum upgrade to 3.8.4 (if that's by purchasing ver 4 then I'll do that) BUT ver 4 of the forum isn't available for purchase.

No, it's not. However, purchasing the suite is cheaper (until the discount is over), which includes the forums. On other threads they've said you can only use the features you'd like. So you don't have to use the CMS and can just use the forums, etc...

Comment

I started a whole thread on this. I agree with you and have clients in the same boat. It's completely mind boggling and one of the reasons some of my clients have lost faith here. I don't care to get banned so will leave it at that and not having an answer (or maybe the answer is you either pay almost $200 or go elsewhere.)
                My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment

How is purchasing the suite pre-sale cheaper than the forums only pre-sale? Or is the suite the only that is available in the pre-sale? and the forums only there is no sale at all?

Comment

There is no pre-release sale on Forum Classic - hence, the Suite is actually cheaper for now.

Comment

Well it looks like it is going to drive people into thinking nulled copies of 3.8. is the only option.
                      Why haven't they updated people with their news system?!

Comment

No, it's not. However, purchasing the suite is cheaper (until the discount is over), which includes the forums. On other threads they've said you can only use the features you'd like. So you don't have to use the CMS and can just use the forums, etc...
                        Looks like MrRem got it but the rest of you are still just having a hard time. So these other threads are explaining how it's so much cheaper to spend 4-6 times as much ($130-190) for many things you won't use than it is to spend 25% ($40) on something you would mostly use. Wait...I'm getting it, even though it took me a little while. If I own a TV, why just spend $40 on a new HDTV antenna when I can get a new HDTV antenna and hifi receiver for the bargain price of $200... since even though I'm totally deaf, I could just choose not to use the hifi.

Comment

Originally posted by Dismounted View Post
                          There is no pre-release sale on Forum Classic - hence, the Suite is actually cheaper for now.
                          Another way of looking at it is that the upgrade to the forums is so incredibly low that, unfortunately, it's almost not worth upgrading at all.

Comment

I don't need the CMS, I just need the forums. I know I can upgrade my forums to 4.0 for free to start with cause my lic is still up-to-date.

Comment

Originally posted by knightdreams View Post
                              I don't need the CMS, I just need the forums. I know I can upgrade my forums to 4.0 for free to start with cause my lic is still up-to-date.
                              1) This discussion is for people who, for many good reasons, just want to stick with version 3.8. There is no choice given to them whatsoever. It's either $130 or $190 or be "resourceful."

2) While we are happy for you, you'll be paying now or later if you upgrade to version 4. What's amusing is that the cost differential to you is ONLY the $40/45 maintenance fee! So by not upgrading now, you can choose to pay just $45 more if you feel you want to upgrade to version 4 in 7 months from now. It will cost you either $0 if you don't upgrade, and either $130 right now or just $175 if you decide later.

Comment

VB version 3.8.4....where?
                                I just purchased the vB 4.0 suite albeit I may not even use it when it comes out.
                                I'm running 3.7.2 and simply want to upgrade to 3.8.4 but I can't for the life of me find the download file!! What gives?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X