Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre sales Telephone Contact with VB?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pre sales Telephone Contact with VB?

    Hi from Ireland.

    I am about to spend upwards of €2,500 with VB to upgrade some old licences and purchase new licences for a raft of new websites in development.

    While the updated FAQs (suggestion - add the new FAQs to the Pre-sales Forum as a sticky !!!!!) are at least some what clearer on the price structures for expired/ current and new licences, there is still considerable confusion about which actual products (if any) I get today if I upgrade today?

    The CMS element of VB4 would be a must have for the new sites that I am developing, for roll out in coming weeks, however I can't wait that long and I am not going to redesign my websites to integrate the CMS whenever VB4 launches. I'll be very interested in VB4 Suite when it is launched and can be integrated into the overall design of any new websites I build.

    I therefore conclude that I need to purchase immediate 3.83 upgrades for my expired licence sites and new 3.83 installations for my imminent new websites. I don't need and will never need VB4 Suite for any of these sites at retrofitting CMS will be more trouble than it is worth. Can I now (today) purchase VB3.83 software (albeit in the guise of a pre purchase order of basic VB4)?

    I have been asking this question now for over 2 weeks in the old forums (all closed) without any reply from VB sales staff. In the absense of a reply from VB to clear up the uncertainty, I have already, for time constraints, made a first purchase from a rival forum software company for the first of my new sites.

    Is there a telephone number or skype that I can call from Ireland to talk in person to a VB sales person?

    A quick personal chat will avoid going around and around in circles and will probably yield a nice order for VB from an old and loyal (but loyalty and patience being sorely tried!!) customer. I really do want to stay with VB but am severely hampered by all of the uncertainty and confusion that they have generated.

    Could I please request that my fellow customers on here refrain from answering this post until a real V Bulletin staff member first replies in detail as to what product I get today if I purchase today?


    Kind regards,

    Stuart
    Last edited by Powerboatie; Mon 26 Oct '09, 5:26am.
    www.powerboat.ie/forums
    www.sailingclub.ie/forums
    www.carclub.ie/forums
    Irish Business Forums

  • #2
    Originally posted by Powerboatie View Post
    Is there a telephone number or skype that I can call from Ireland to talk in person to a VB sales person?

    Could I please request that my fellow customers on here refrain from answering this post until a real V Bulletin staff member first replies in detail?
    So in other words you do not want anyone but the overworked vB staff to tell you to look at the 'contact us' page for the phone number!! (and its not the one at the bottom of this page)

    Comment


    • #3
      http://www.vbulletin.com/contact.php

      Even if you don't want to hear that from a non-staffer, I'm sure you'll be able to read the phone number of the sales dept. there by yourself.

      Comment


      • #4
        I have tried calling that number on several occassions with no success ( and yes I have the correct Int code and yes I have called during US business hours). Is it a toll free number which is only accessible through US and Germany, but not from UK or Ireland?

        I have also tried a support ticket over a week ago but no reply yet. But thank you for your contribution.

        I know that some of you may be able to answer my question as to what and which products are available today. The problem is that like on previous threads, we'll get 50 different (if mostly well meaning answers / opinions). I just ask that the rest of you assist me by holding fire in the thread that I have gone to the trouble of creating until a VB person has time to post a clear and definitive reply; - or else either post or pm me a contact number that works from Ireland?

        The new FAQs are an improvement especially on pricing however they are still unclear on what you get right now if you buy today. I have also suggested that the new clearer FAQs be included as a sticky in this forums. Amazed that they are not there already ????????

        Kind regards,

        Stuart
        www.powerboat.ie/forums
        www.sailingclub.ie/forums
        www.carclub.ie/forums
        Irish Business Forums

        Comment


        • #5
          You can use Skype to call their number. I done this a few days ago, and it worked fine.

          PS: I am from the UK.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ra87 View Post
            You can use Skype to call their number. I done this a few days ago, and it worked fine.

            PS: I am from the UK.
            Cheers ! Good idea. I was using the normal business landline and the home landline and mobile but got an engaged tone. As skype is US based it should work.

            Kind regards,

            Stuart
            www.powerboat.ie/forums
            www.sailingclub.ie/forums
            www.carclub.ie/forums
            Irish Business Forums

            Comment


            • #7
              I have also just been PM'd a direct line and working international contact number for VB sales. I'll call them later today to talk in person but could I suggest that we leave this thread free for a definitive reply from a VB staffer on what products are delivered today to those who purchase today? It might assist other confused potential buyers.

              Kind regards,

              Stuart
              www.powerboat.ie/forums
              www.sailingclub.ie/forums
              www.carclub.ie/forums
              Irish Business Forums

              Comment


              • #8
                I'm not a staff member, but I've read staff members posts around the forum stating that if you purchase a new 4.0 license now, you are able to download 3.8.4 to use untill 4.0 is released. However, fair enough if you want to wait for one to confirm that if you are spending that much money.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hopefully I'll get a definitive answer from VB soon as it's approaching Go to work time in CA
                  www.powerboat.ie/forums
                  www.sailingclub.ie/forums
                  www.carclub.ie/forums
                  Irish Business Forums

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Powerboatie View Post
                    Hopefully I'll get a definitive answer from VB soon as it's approaching Go to work time in CA
                    I tried calling over a dozen times yesterday and today but the number keeps ringing out. I did actually get a real person on the phone when I made a "test call" yesterday before California business hours. She told be to call back after 1800 GMT but no reply since then. I'll keep trying. In the meantime if a VB representative woul care to clarify what exactly is delivered to me today if I purchase today, I'd be grateful.

                    Kind regards,

                    Stuart
                    www.powerboat.ie/forums
                    www.sailingclub.ie/forums
                    www.carclub.ie/forums
                    Irish Business Forums

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      You will get upgraded to vB4. you will have Access to 3.8, but not the suite as vBulletin 4 is not yet public.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                        You will get upgraded to vB4. you will have Access to 3.8, but not the suite as vBulletin 4 is not yet public.
                        Just off the phone after a very helpful conversation with Zachery. There is now light at the end of the tunnel!

                        The important thing as Zachery has said is that if you purchase either VB4 or VB 4 Suite now as either an upgrade or a completly new purchase you get 3.8 delivered today pending the release of VB4 or VB4 suite. I will be dealing with 4 scenarios as follows:

                        1. For my current VB licences I plan to take no immediate action. They are running the latest VB 3.8 software.
                        2. For my expired licences, I'll purchase VB4 Classic which immediately upgrades them to 3.8 and will further upgrade them to VB4 when it launches.
                        3. For my proposed new websites, I'll look at purchasing VB4 Classic which will allow my new websites to immediately launch with 3.8 and they can be upgraded when VB 4 launches
                        4. When VB4 Suite goes live, all of my future purchases will be for VB4 Suite as I can then incorporate VB4 Suite CMS into my design spec.

                        There is no point in me purchasing of VB4 Suite in advance of launch as I would then have to waste money on skinning the new sites while waiting for VB 4 Suite to launch and I would then have to spend even more money de-skinning for VB 4 Suite.

                        Thanks again to Zachery for taking my call. Hopefully the 4 scenarios that I expect to meet are common to others out there and will help to clarify the situation for others as well as myself.

                        Kind regards,

                        Stuart
                        www.powerboat.ie/forums
                        www.sailingclub.ie/forums
                        www.carclub.ie/forums
                        Irish Business Forums

                        Comment

                        widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X