Directory Structure of vB 4 Suite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Directory Structure of vB 4 Suite

I could not find the answers to these questions via a search. Maybe my search terms weren't good enough.

Before I make my final decision of going for the vB Suite, I need to know its directory structure. For example, I have my vB forum in:

mydomain.com/forums/

Where will the various suite components go? Will everything go in the forums directory and then say a CMS file placed at mydomain/com/CMSGoesHere.php?

If at the end of vB 4 Suite, I decide I want the vB 5.x Forum Only, will it work with the then old vB 4 CMS? Will an upgrade to the Forums Only actually work?

If I get the vB 4 Suite now, will the vB 5 Suite be made available to me at a discount from the full price, since I'll be upgrading to the new version rather than buying it new?

index.php (can be set to blog/forum/CMS)
    forum.php (forum)
    content.php (CMS)
    blog.php (blogs)

I can't guarantee that vB 5 will be made available to you at a discounted rate.
    Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
    VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
    vBulletin Hosting and Services
    Server / Website Consultation

Comment

Originally posted by ct2k7 View Post
      index.php (can be set to blog/forum/CMS)
      forum.php (forum)
      content.php (CMS)
      blog.php (blogs)

I can't guarantee that vB 5 will be made available to you at a discounted rate.
      Thank you, ct2k7.

But are all those files within:

mydomain.com

or:

mydomain.com/forums/

Not having everything within the /forums/ directory may cause problems at my place.

Comment

Depends where you upload the files to. The setup of directories is your responsibility
        Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
        VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
        vBulletin Hosting and Services
        Server / Website Consultation

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfegar View Post
          If at the end of vB 4 Suite, I decide I want the vB 5.x Forum Only, will it work with the then old vB 4 CMS? Will an upgrade to the Forums Only actually work?
          From what I gather, you will be able to upgrade to the vB 5.x Forum Only, from vB 4 Suite. The CMS/blog content would not be accessible (database tables) or may be deleted... not sure how they would be doing that.

Originally posted by Wolfegar View Post
          If I get the vB 4 Suite now, will the vB 5 Suite be made available to me at a discount from the full price, since I'll be upgrading to the new version rather than buying it new?
          I think one of the benefits indicated in the features of vb4 is that there will be a discount when you upgrade to vb5
          "Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it!' -Team Skunkworkssigpic
          "I was a Hidden Treasure and loved to be known. Therefore I created the Creation that I might be known"

Comment

Working...
          X