Confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused

I have a license that expires next year..am i able to upgrade my existing forum to the newer version when it is released with out incurring a fee?

Yes, right up until your expiry date at which point you will have to upgrade the licence. If it's an owned licence you can continue to use the version you have access to..(I'm not sure if that applies to vB4 as well as 3.8, but you'll definitely be able to contiue using 3.8 - you'll be best getting confirmation from staff for where vB4 stands on that) If you want upgrades you will have to purchase the vB4 licence and if you have a leased licence, you will be able to use the software up until your expiry date at which point you will have to purchase the licence upgrade to be able to continue using the software at all.
    I know violence isn't the answer . . . I got it wrong on purpose
    Rep Owners - New forum for reptile owners/lovers
    sigpic

Comment

From what I understand, if fr example your (owned) licence expires in June 2010 you will have access to any updates up to that date, but there won´t be a renew option like there usually has been. A thta tpoint you either stay with the last version that was available to you or upgrade to vb4.
      In other words if in June 2010 just before your licence expires vb 4.1.0 is released, you will have access to that, but if in July 4.1.1 is released, you will not be able to download that. If you want 4.1.1 and all future 4.x series upgrades, you will have to purchase an upgrade licence for (I think is 195$).
      Note that if you want to use the suite, you have to pay the 130$ (now) or the 250$ (later) regardless of your current situation.
      "Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it!' -Team Skunkworkssigpic
      "I was a Hidden Treasure and loved to be known. Therefore I created the Creation that I might be known"

Comment

As long as you have an active Owned license, you will continue to have the latest version of vBulletin in accordance to the license terms. Once your owned license expires, however, you will no longer receive updates for the product; you will then have to buy a new vBulletin 4 license at the full price of $195. Once you do that, however, it will last for the lifetime of vBulletin 4. If you want to save some money in the future; I'd go ahead and upgrade to the Pub Suite for $130; you'll get support for the life of the product, as well as access to the Blogs and CMPS software.

It's your choice, though.
        -- David.

If I spend much more time browsing these forums, I could be subjected to: 1. Burnt retinas, 2. Angry customers, 3. Lack of moderation, 4. Arguments.
        This used to be a nice place; what the hell's gone wrong?

Comment

Remember those prices could change over night nothing is set in stone, it was set in stone I could upgrade every year and see that's all gone. I would not be to quick to spend my money if what you have works fine keep using it. Maybe June next year it might be $50.00 for all it's just to hard to say with all the issues going on. If what you got works use it and wait. I have never understood the quick leap to buy a new version of anything, usally there are bugs. I'm slow to purchase anything new in software, remember VISTA lol!!!

Comment

excuse my stupidness here,it's old age I have a few questions
            I run my site as a hobby and do not charge members any fee,everything is out of my pocket.If I purchase the vb4 suite I get everything to run vb4 right ?
            I am happy with my current version,I understand I may not get support but can I continue to run my 3.8.4 version without upgrading to vb4 if I pay for the v4 suite ?
            any help appreciated thank you in advance

Comment

Originally posted by sphinx View Post
              excuse my stupidness here,it's old age I have a few questions
              I run my site as a hobby and do not charge members any fee,everything is out of my pocket.If I purchase the vb4 suite I get everything to run vb4 right ?
              I am happy with my current version,I understand I may not get support but can I continue to run my 3.8.4 version without upgrading to vb4 if I pay for the v4 suite ?
              any help appreciated thank you in advance
              Yes you may continue using the 3.8.4 even if your purchase the vb4.0. You will have access to vb 4.0 and its updates and you may choose to use them if you wish.

Comment

thanks for the reply it's appreciated I also meant to ask,I intend to pay via paypal but don't have a paypal account,can I pay this via my daughters paypal account

Comment

you can pay from any paypal as long as is confirmed..

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X