Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do they recommend to eliminate hacks to update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do they recommend to eliminate hacks to update?

Hello I would like to know if it is better to eliminate the hacks before installing vbulletin 4
    THANK YOU!

Whilst it can help, disabling them all is sufficient
    Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
    VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
    vBulletin Hosting and Services
    Server / Website Consultation

Comment

To be on the safe side, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by j3suss View Post
        Hello I would like to know if it is better to eliminate the hacks before installing vbulletin 4
        THANK YOU!
        Either disabling or uninstalling your modifications would be good since most (if not all) will not work for vBulletin 4.0
        "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time!"
        "It's important to only think about what you desire, not what you fear to achieve your ultimate goal!!"
        "When doors close, tear down the walls. Never give up!"

Comment

Thanks!

But Do I disable or unistall hacks?

Thanks!!=D

Comment

Either, with those you don't need, uninstall and remove their files.
            Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
            VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
            vBulletin Hosting and Services
            Server / Website Consultation

Comment

I'm doing a complete clean install and will add mods one at a time.
              That will clear out defunct files from past versions of Vb as well as unused mods.

Cleaning up the tables will be more difficult though.
              ...steven
              www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
              bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
              "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

Originally posted by 1996 328ti View Post
                I'm doing a complete clean install and will add mods one at a time.
                That will clear out defunct files from past versions of Vb as well as unused mods.

Cleaning up the tables will be more difficult though.
                I'll probably be taking this route as well
                "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time!"
                "It's important to only think about what you desire, not what you fear to achieve your ultimate goal!!"
                "When doors close, tear down the walls. Never give up!"

Comment

Originally posted by HMBeaty View Post
                  I'll probably be taking this route as well
                  If any of you have been reading, this is a COMPLETE rewrite. Your templates will not work. Your modifications will probably not work - how many free mods are they supposed to account for to make sure they work? Assume that you are able to import your users, posts, and basic vbulletin install numbers and nothing more. The mod developers may or may not support mods independently. Whenever doing a major upgrade with any software it's almost never completely seamless.
                  My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X