Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are default bookmarks/sharing links going to change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Age
    replied
    Originally posted by ct2k7 View Post
    The links will still work, however, they will encounter a HTTP 301 Redirection if you use the embedded SEO tools/optimisation.

Can you clarify what you mean if Facebook or Twitter will be included by default? If in terms of SN bookmarking, I have seen no plans for this to occur, however, you can add links/ bookmarks through the admincp.
    I have a question regarding Twitter!
    As I have it on my site at the moment being www.new-age.net.au/

In the new Vb4 is there a section in admin to activate it?

Leave a comment:

• ShadoeWolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by ct2k7 View Post
    The links will still work, however, they will encounter a HTTP 301 Redirection if you use the embedded SEO tools/optimisation.

Can you clarify what you mean if Facebook or Twitter will be included by default? If in terms of SN bookmarking, I have seen no plans for this to occur, however, you can add links/ bookmarks through the admincp.
    I don't have to 'add' digg or google or the other two - that is what I meant by default - they are already 'included' with the software without manually adding them in. I understand it is fairly simple and have added the link into my current board for Facebook but if it is one less step I have to do when/if I upgrade, then i it would make sense to me to 'include' it as a default as the other four are, especially considering the size of the userbase for those sites.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The bookmarking system was designed to be expandable. You can add links to any service that you want within the Admin CP.

Leave a comment:

• Shamil.
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ShadoeWolfe
    started a topic Are default bookmarks/sharing links going to change?

Are default bookmarks/sharing links going to change?

I noticed that the only bookmarks are still the same default ones from the 3.8 series:
    • Digg
    • del.icio.us
    • StumbleUpon
    • Google

Are these going to change by the final release? More specifically, is Facebook going to be included by default? I would hope that FB and (groan) Twitter would somehow be able to be integrated by default without having to hack them in considering their popularity.
    Last edited by ShadoeWolfe; Sat 24 Oct '09, 4:52am. Reason: Why is the editing text so close to the post? It runs onto each other...very hard to read...