Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VB4 & CMS Questions

Hi Peeps,

I am very impressed with the look and feel of VB4 and CMS looks like it will be good. Good job the VB Team. Can't wait to get my hands on it, when it goes gold.

Thank god you didn't do an IPB and bring out a forum that is completely rubbish now, I refer to that balls up that is IPB3, I hate the new look with a passion (I won't be upgrading my IPB forum to that, in fact I will be scrapping it when VB4 goes gold) and can't find anything in the acp, but that is enough of that junk.

I have some questions regarding both.

1. How will this work file wise, what I mean, is there a index.php file that is put in the web root folder for the CMS' Homepage and the forum can be housed as before in a separate folder, i.e. /forum or will it all have to be installed into web root folder.
    2. Am I right in thinking that topic posting and viewing permissions will be controllable by the admin.
    3. Regarding question 2, can the categories be permissions set, i.e. moderators are the only people to see and post to category2.
    4. Can standalone HTML and PHP pages be used.
    5. When uploading attachments, do all attachment have to become global via the Asset Management, what if an attachment is posted in a private forum, would this become viewable by all.
    6. When upgrading to VB4 from VB3 will it convert the VB3 skin, I think I probably know the answer to this, No, which would be a shame as I think a lot of people will be sad to see it go.

Thank you for your time.

Cheers

Daz

1) Upload all the files from vB 4 to forum. Some things can be tweaked via .htaccess, however, index.php can be defined in AdminCP. forum.php is the forum, content.php is the cms page.

2) Yes, as with IPB

3) Yes

4) No they cannot, however, through modification, you can integrate php code and html files. In the CMS, you can use HTML and CSS to style objects in pages.

5) The Asset Manager is global for the user, i.e the account which has uploaded the files.

6) No, due to the nature of the new styling system, skins and the majority of modifications will be rendered inoperational.
    Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
    VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
    vBulletin Hosting and Services
    Server / Website Consultation

Comment

Thanks for your prompt reply ct2k7.

Cheers m8.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X