Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lucky89
    replied
    Someone can explain the differences between seo urls...

I mean,

standar urls
    basic friendly urls
    advanced friendly urls
    and
    mod rewrite friendly urls

??

Leave a comment:

• smnet
    replied
    Originally posted by Sal Collaziano View Post
    How might one safely convert from vBSEO to Jelsoft's vBulletin version without hurting search engine rankings?
    In reality, you can't. See this for more details:-
    http://www.vbseo.com/f5/vb4-vbseo-3-...e-notes-38081/

and perhaps this:-
    http://www.vbseo.com/en/feature-matrix/

Leave a comment:

• Ace
    replied
    Originally posted by renep View Post
    I apologize for spreading outdated FUD.
    And I give you big hugs. <3

I thought you might be thinking of the days when the code was encrypted.

Leave a comment:

• renep
    replied
    Originally posted by Ace View Post
    You're misinformed.
    Yes, it seems I was. I looked at vBSEO back in 2005/2006 when I started my forums. At that time the source code was encrypted, the features were not very well documented and they had an obscure "give us your login and we'll make some magic changes to your source code" service. But it seems they changed all this around 2007. It's visible source and there's a reasonable feature list. I apologize for spreading outdated FUD.

Leave a comment:

• Hiiragi
    replied
    How might one safely convert from vBSEO to Jelsoft's vBulletin version without hurting search engine rankings?
    From vBSEO -> vB urls, you'd have to 301 redirect (if you meet the requirements within your vBSEO urls) to the vB urls of your choice, but you would still have to be re-indexed because of the url structure change. You really can't avoid that, but that's the "safe" way of doing things.

So as an owner and happy user of vBSEO, will I be able to continue to use vBSEO for my URL re-writing and disable any VBulletin SEO?

I'd like the new expensive VB4 to take the place of vBSEO, but somehow I have the feeling it's not as robust. Another "feature" to disable
    vBSEO did announce that they will be fully compatible with vB4 and there is an option to keep vB3 style urls which will probably be one of the requirements for vBSEO, but don't quote me on that. You could always ask on their forums since this is more or less specifically about vBSEO rather than vB itself.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Originally posted by dssart View Post
    So as an owner and happy user of vBSEO, will I be able to continue to use vBSEO for my URL re-writing and disable any VBulletin SEO?
    Yes you can. It's one simple setting.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Ace
    replied
    Originally posted by renep View Post
    There's no way to tell without a full technical spec of vBSEO's features. AFAIK they're rather secretive.
    You're misinformed.

Every single URL rewrite setting is editable in the vBSEO control panel. All that one needs to rewrite from one to the other is a bit of htaccess knowledge, and the presence of the 'id' variable.

(How exactly can visible source code be 'secretive'?)

Leave a comment:

• dssart
    replied

I'd like the new expensive VB4 to take the place of vBSEO, but somehow I have the feeling it's not as robust. Another "feature" to disable

Leave a comment:

• renep
    replied
    Originally posted by Sal Collaziano View Post
    There's no way to tell without a full technical spec of vBSEO's features. AFAIK they're rather secretive.

Leave a comment:

• Ace
    replied
    Given that none of the new vBulletin options match any of the vBSEO ones, it would at least require a .htaccess file to convert from the vBSEO versions to the vB ones.

That would only be possible if you currently use thread_id/member_id/post_id variables in your current vBSEO setup.

Leave a comment:

• Sal Collaziano
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    replied
    There are four preset options, but that's about it. http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/blog.php?b=2348

Leave a comment:

• Lizard King
    replied
    As mentioned in here vBulletin SEO urls are not customizable.

Leave a comment:

• Napulitano
    replied
    Nobody know if vb4 url rewriting's rules are editable?

Leave a comment:

• sd2310
    replied
    Hi, I don't know if vB url rewriting's rules are editable but you can use htaccess file for support vBSeo urls.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X