Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dutchbb
    replied
    The second one is pretty good as alternative to what we have. Could be made a second style (just like when v3 was released). But the corners are a problem since they can't be created in IE using css border-radius. So it would be more work to change colors.

Leave a comment:

• FullMetalBabe
    replied
    I really don't like either of the mock-ups posted, but I prefer the second one, although it seems it would be hard to customize for a person with limited HTML and CSS knowledge.

Leave a comment:

• nforums
    replied
    yeah the one by cole is only a small improvement,

this one though from latter in that same thread should be the winner

Leave a comment:

• Drocr
    replied
    I like some things about it, the text is nice and the buttons look nicer but the overall style is too bright and too bubbly.... it looks childish and cheap.

Leave a comment:

• too_cool_3
    replied
    If you guys don't like the current BETA style, check this thread out. Mock-up posted by Cole2026:

Leave a comment:

• roller
    replied
    Originally posted by Grover View Post
    Yes, albeit 'dated', for it's time the old vB3 style was outstanding. This new vB4 style offering is something else... far from outstanding to say the least. The Blogs look really good (not that difficult, because the old vB3 Blog style was not very good, obviously), but especially the forum area looks like it is in a pre-alpha state...

They promised vB4 would be released this year. Well...if you see all the things that have to be improved on the forum style alone... I hold my breath for a release this year.
    A classic in its own time. I'm not opposed to this layout, but I would definitely like better color differentiation.

I'm sure there will be some skin options to address this in rapid order, but I maintain my suggestion to the IB/Jelsoft people to give people the option of those colors in this arrangement in their release. Surely it would not be all that difficult to include this in the new release package.

Leave a comment:

• badblu01
    replied
    I have been browinsing through VB 4 over the last few days and as eash day go by i thought i would warm up to it but its not happing.

I think the light blue colors need to be a tad daker and same with the grey.

The smiles should be replaced with somthing newer and better.

Also the WYSGI editor is the same as V3 i thought that it would ave been updated with more colour choices and it would have looked better i personly love the IPB editior 100 times better than the VB one.

Leave a comment:

• BestICanBe
    replied
    Since this forum was converted to Vb4, I have to look away from my laptop monitor every 5 minutes whenever browsing this forum. No kidding! The previous Vbulletin looks much better than this VB4.

Leave a comment:

• CSS59
    replied
    good poll

Leave a comment:

• dutchbb
    replied
    I'm actually beginning to like this style more and more each day. Today they made some improvements and it already did a lot, made it so much better. The postbit isn't white anymore, the pop up menu's are bigger, the paging is bigger, the postbit font is changed making it better for reading... With maybe some other improvements this theme really isn't that bad.

Leave a comment:

• JonnyIPA
    replied
    Wow, I cant believe how many people are so critical of this theme. I'm happy with it. Much more current than the previous theme. I guess it's a little light as a lot of people have said but I would go live with this on my site in a second.

Leave a comment:

• Grover
    replied
    Originally posted by roller View Post
    I've always been rather a fan of the default skin in 3.x. Good balance of light and dark, buttons are easy to find, nice contrast separating posts, etc.
    Yes, albeit 'dated', for it's time the old vB3 style was outstanding. This new vB4 style offering is something else... far from outstanding to say the least. The Blogs look really good (not that difficult, because the old vB3 Blog style was not very good, obviously), but especially the forum area looks like it is in a pre-alpha state...

They promised vB4 would be released this year. Well...if you see all the things that have to be improved on the forum style alone... I hold my breath for a release this year.

Leave a comment:

• roller
    replied
    I think it would be wise to release this with at least an option for the color scheme of the 3.x default skin.

I've always been rather a fan of the default skin in 3.x. Good balance of light and dark, buttons are easy to find, nice contrast separating posts, etc. Give folks the option of that color scheme with this general layout and I think vB would make a lot of people happy.

Leave a comment:

• ShadowAssassin
    replied
    Honestly, I believe that even the old (vb3) default style beats this by a long shot..

..If anybody important reads this, then please release another theme to go along this one for launch!

Leave a comment:

• Allan
    replied
    Nice poll ^^

Leave a comment: