Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boosted Panda
    replied
    I still think you should use Floris' forumhome page. It was new, refreshing, modern, and very clean.

Leave a comment:

• dutchbb
    replied
    The forumhome & forumdisplay aren't too bright anymore imo. It's mostly the postbit that could use a little (color) darkening.

Leave a comment:

• azn_romeo_4u
    replied
    Seems like they rush the design. Too bright, obviously. I thought my skin on my site was bright, but this is way over doing it. I'm going blind from viewing the screen. Instead of a step up, this is a step down. And yea it's screwed up looking in all browsers. IE 6,7,8 all don't look the same to me. Stuff are flying off the screen. It's just nasty looking.

Should have just stuck with the table layouts. Look at phpbb. They went css, and all the damn designs look the same because it's too hard to code. I see the same thing happenining to vb. Most people don't feel like going through hours of coding to offer free skins cuz the coding will be too hard and doesn't work properly in many browsers.

Leave a comment:

• akonze
    replied
    Clearly no! The style has much to less contrast. Therefore it es very hard for the eye to orientate.

Leave a comment:

• _Anubis
    replied
    I honestly dont like the new style. It is too white for me. It needs more colorsheme. From the look of things, a lot of people don't like the new style.

Leave a comment:

• Loony BoB
    replied
    I use IE6 because that is the browser my extremely large company has on it's default build, and therefore I must use IE6.

Fun fact: I can't even see posts at all right now. I had to use the Archive in order to see what people were saying in this thread.

Leave a comment:

• David Copeland
    replied
    Originally posted by mabersoft View Post
    May i say i like it its funkey? but may i ask why do people use ie6?
    Because it runs faster than 7 or 8.

Leave a comment:

• Deimos
    replied
    I've never liked the default post icons, at least, the old ones anyways
    The default VB logo in each of the icons was a tad tacky, imo
    It's like they wanted to advertise their product on your forum by way of an icon
    I notice the theme here has changed slightly since I last visited, it looks a bit better, but there's still far to much white in my opinion.
    It makes reading uncomfortable for myself, not sure why

Leave a comment:

• tercede
    replied
    This:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot047.png
Views:	1
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	3675416

Looks absolutely horrible. Yes, I am talking about the forum icon. Could vbulletin be more unoriginal? The design of the forum icon is not flattering at all and it's actually quite far from it. The speech bubble comes default in photoshop. Instead of playing around with the style and making the good parts look worse and the horrible parts a tiny bit better I would have to suggest going back to a retro kind of look.

Go back to the old vbulletin branded look.

This: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...=1#post1824287

Is looks alright..but the new look still needs way way way more work. Get a designer in here vbulletin!

Leave a comment:

• Drocr
    replied
    This style should have been more like Mikos

http://www.vbstyles.com/vbulletin4.jpg

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/vb_concept1.jpg

^ Both of those mixed together

Leave a comment:

• mabersoft
    replied
    May i say i like it its funkey? but may i ask why do people use ie6?

Leave a comment:

• trilogy33
    replied
    Are we copying Community Server? (apologies for the swear word)
    Looks better at 1024x768 - an old laptop, than it does at 1680 x 1050WS.

Leave a comment:

• roller
    replied
    Dramatic improvement with the buttons since yesterday. Looks like the post headers are considerably darker, too.

It looks like the old "quote" button is gone, and everything is now going to quick reply. Is that optional?

Leave a comment:

• kyrgyz
    replied
    vB team, why don't you try to use color scheme from old vB3 forum on the new skin. Just to experiment. At least, you can replace new forum icons with the old ones.

This one looks like it was taken from weather channel's table of rainy locations: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/image...rum_new-48.png

Right now the new skin remind me of SimpleMachines forum

Leave a comment:

• kyrgyz
    replied
    Wow. I love the latest new skin. Clean and clear. Maybe it needs a bit more of color contrast either towards warm or cold colors.

Leave a comment: