Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Anime
    replied
    this new skin is better than the first one they had by leaps and bounds, however it is still a bit too white.

Leave a comment:

• Deviant++
    replied
    Instant fail, whoever came up with it didnt know what they were thinking.

I mean come on this is vb4, look at the giant leap from vb 2 and vb3 in terms of gui improvement, this is simply a skin, WHERE ARE THE NEW AGE TRANSPARENCIES AND MOBILE ELEMENTS I thought vb4 would have.

look at the versatality of deviantarts webpages, everythings so intiutive, mobile and uses so many kinds of advanced transparencies and movable objects. FAIL, even this quick reply bot, wtf is a serif font doing here... come ON

Leave a comment:

• Icy
    replied
    I don't like it. Kinda girlish type style I must say! All we need is some pinkish touch on current style :P I feel urge to find a microscope while surfing the forum on my 1080p screen :S Doesn't matter though. Been using custom theme from beginning. Just hoping that Miko will release something nice like he did for the mock up.

Leave a comment:

• *sayed*
    replied
    I really liked the this style. Because it looks good and better many times than vb 38.

Leave a comment:

• seltaeb
    replied
    I think the current theme is fantastic. Very easy to read the text, and all of the borders and overall interface of the pages are nice!

Leave a comment:

• glorify
    replied
    Originally posted by Drocr View Post
    http://www.vbstyles.com/vbulletin4_kier.jpg

Best skin for VB default imo.
    That's how I designed my forumhome except I have the last post aligned right.

I guess default doesn't matter for me because I will change it anyway, but I would like a new feel to it which right now I'm not sure it does.

Leave a comment:

• Hicksatpd
    replied
    I think it's easier to read now than it was a few days ago when it was REALLY light and REALLY missing contrast.

Leave a comment:

• Abomination
    replied
    Originally posted by ang2el View Post
    Eye straining... Hard to read text
    Yes, And it appears they changed the blogs to match so those are now hard to read.

I'm beginning to deeply regret upgrading to v4.

Leave a comment:

• ang2el
    replied
    Eye straining... Hard to read text

Leave a comment:

• Drocr
    replied
    http://www.vbstyles.com/vbulletin4_kier.jpg

Best skin for VB default imo.

Leave a comment:

• SimpleSchooling
    replied
    Originally posted by testii View Post
    this current design is in such areas too dark and in some other areas too light..
    shadows etc are made too dark and thelight areas are such like the quick reply box
    main backrgound and the quick replies text area background are the same
    this was just an example

I see they have fixed this - it does look better now.

Leave a comment:

• Grover
    replied
    Originally posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I use IE6 because that is the browser my extremely large company has on it's default build, and therefore I must use IE6.

Fun fact: I can't even see posts at all right now. I had to use the Archive in order to see what people were saying in this thread.
    I am in the same boat. My company uses IE6 aswell and I can't work on a vB4 powered website (vbcom being the only one at the moment) from work. Next to that, my statistics show that 10% of my website visitors still use IE6 aswell. So, we have been told that vB4 will support IE6 when it becomes Gold. I am curious to see how that will work out, because otherwise I can't upgrade to vB4 at all.

Leave a comment:

• WildRover
    replied
    Today the style is much better - has much more definition.

However, using Safari the width of the Forum is very narrow until you open a thread of Category.

Leave a comment:

• Mustang Sally
    replied
    I like it. Yes, it's hard on the eyes, but I will change that. It's much faster than the old one.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Got to praise the forumhome now....if you view it in Firefox!!

The more I see it, the more I'm liking it. Honestly. I think other bits of the style are improving but still need quite a bit of work, but the forumhome is looking really very smart indeed now. If you view it in Firefox, of course.

Leave a comment: