Can an webhost offer Vbulletin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can an webhost offer Vbulletin?

Like the title says does Jelsoft allow webhosts to purchase Vb licenses for paid hosting? If not should I assume this host offering it is a scam?

The host I'm referring to is here: http://glowhost.com/features/vBulletin-web-hosting.php

Can someone chime in on whether they think the offer is legit?

Do not take my word for it, but I am quite sure it is fake. Vbulletin is the only source I know that sells the licenses, and not 3rd party vendors.

Although that is some what a good idea.
    George Beale
    www.millenniumcapitalgroupllc.com - Investment company | www.recyclingbootcamp.com - Where recyclers can come to network with one another! | www.viprecycling.com - Scrap Metal, Junk, & Electronic Recyclers! | www.biddingextreme.com - Online Auction Site |

Comment

What they are offering in the hosting package is way too expensive as far as hosting goes so I expect for that price you are actually paying them for the vbulletin forum...

Comment

Try reading the web page...

This is THE BEST deal on the web for vBulletin web hosting. We install the system free of charge ($135 value) and purchase a license of the software for your domain name.
        From the first line.

Comment

I see nothing wrong with it. It is expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Kensino View Post
            Try reading the web page...

From the first line.

I did read it, that's their CLAIM (just like the claim that it's the best deal on the web). I am asking if it's likely to be a scam or not, since I have never dealt with this company.

Comment

$19.95/month for 1GB space and 40GB bandwidth is a good value+vbulletin cost. Seems they aren't over-selling the servers at that price. Seems like a decent service for $20/month no complaints at all for the price. The question is is the way they offer the license legal and what happens if you move hosts? Also do you have member area access? Are they only leasing the licenses (while buying them for each site)? If it's leasing it to you with no member area access and no file access, then it could be ok, the question is what happens when you outgrow the service and need a VPS/Dedicated?

Comment

the question arises over here is, are they hosting multiple sites with a single license ?? that's some thing really needed to be addressed

Comment

No, I'm sure that they cannot. I contacted vBulletin sales regarding business such as, and was told that I was unable to offer such solution. Their pricing is incorrect, SSL doesn't cost over $100.
                  Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
                  VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
                  vBulletin Hosting and Services
                  Server / Website Consultation

Comment

I dont see the way why people will do that, but i belive the licence will bee active only for the time you will pay for their hosting, if you change hosting provider they not going to lett you to take vbulletin with you because will bee hosted on their server and you will not have acces to all the files and licence. and the price is soo high for the shered hosting. now you can host unlimited space for just $2.99 from the most hosting companies..
                    Last edited by mondiuk; Sat 24 Oct '09, 7:47am.

Comment

So yes, the license belongs to them, and you have to rely on them for everything. So in other words, you are renting the software from them, which I believe is not in agreement with the user license/agreement.
                      Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
                      VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
                      vBulletin Hosting and Services
                      Server / Website Consultation

Comment

fake ... and do not click the link "vbulletin forum software" in there it's an affliate link in other words if you click it and you buy a licence they earn money on your back... only use www.vbulletin.com

Comment

For those of you that find this thread and have the same question of whether or not the deal is real, you are probably better off reading a more specific thread that aims to clear up any confusions.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...aper-Elsewhere

It would be great if Steve could lock this one and let the other one serve its purpose so that the same things are not repeated.

Comment

Originally posted by Mac Write View Post
                            Seems they aren't over-selling the servers at that price.
                            Price has nothing to do with "overselling." I could charge you $500 a month for hosting and "oversell" the servers.

Every host "oversells." The stated limits for hosting plans are 100% marketing. If you have been running a hosting company for any length of time, you know exactly what the average resource usage is per account. You sell up to that, because that's what the real world use is, regardless of stated limits or quotas. That's called good business. Running a server with 90% unused space and bandwidth is called bad business. You may as well take a bundle of cash out in to the parking lot and burn it every month.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X