X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iMatt
    replied
    Originally posted by squall14716 View Post
    If you are putting everything in the root directory, index.php by default with the suite points to content.php, and you won't even need my example file.
    I was unaware of this, thanks for clearing that up.

Leave a comment:

• Matthew Gordon
    replied
    If you are putting everything in the root directory, index.php by default with the suite points to content.php, and you won't even need my example file.

Leave a comment:

• iMatt
    replied
    Sorry for my outburst, it won't happen again

Originally posted by Scoutie44 View Post
    It's called just put everything in the root directory. It's kind of redundant to have /forum/forum.php, no?
    I was planning on putting everything in the root directory already, but I would like the CMS page http://www.mysite.com/content.php to be http://www.mysite.com/index.php

I know this could be done by modding but its not really something I thought we would have to do out of the box.

Sorry for my outburst, I have been feeling a little anxious since jumping in and paying for the suite only to find out its not even released yet

Thanks squall14716, I guess if its not sorted by the final release I can give that a go.

Leave a comment:

• Darkimmortal
    replied
    Takes no time at all to make your webserver load content.php when http://mydomain.com/ is requested. If you can't do that then you shouldn't be running a forum :V

Leave a comment:

• kyrgyz
    replied
    vBulletin team can learn a thing or two from Brian, a coder behind vBAdvanced.

Leave a comment:

• syrus.xl
    replied
    The easiest way as it stands at the moment, bearing in mind this is a Beta, not a Gold release - therefore it will probably change before the public release.

index.php (a simple call to the forum directory for the content.php is all that is needed)
    /forums/blog.php
    /forums/forum.php
    /forums/content.php

So, you could use the same layout as you do, if you use vBa CMPS, and have the index.php file outside the forum root.

But, this would only be required if the Beta does not change between now and Gold - I would not worry about simple things like this.

Oh, nice one squall14716 exactly what I was referring too.

Leave a comment:

• Matthew Gordon
    replied
    Oh hai.

PHP Code:
    <?php

chdir
    ('./forum');
    require_once(
    './content.php');

?>

Leave a comment:

• Scoutie44
    replied
    It's called just put everything in the root directory. It's kind of redundant to have /forum/forum.php, no?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Originally posted by iMatt View Post
    OMG are you serious? Why on earth would our sites require two home pages? So a visitor finds my sites home page, then clicks a link to the Forum CMS and then clicks a link to the Forums, WTF?

I thought the purpose of the CMS was to provide our site with a informational home page at http://www.mysite.com/index.php , If that's not the case then I have just wasted money on the suite because you guys did not provide enough information at presale about this, and am not happy at all

BTW if this can't be done, I WILL BE MAKING A PAYPAL CLAIM AND GETTING MY MONEY BACK!
    Uh, I would recommend calming down. As I said I will get further clarification. And as we have repeatedly said this is a Beta version with a lot of rough edges..

Leave a comment:

• syrus.xl
    replied
    It is possible... but would require an additional index.php file in your webroot, which would need to call the content.php file from your forums directory. Not really a big deal - just a couple of lines of PHP.

Leave a comment:

• lazor
    replied
    Originally posted by iMatt View Post
    OMG are you serious? Why on earth would our sites require two home pages? So a visitor finds my sites home page, then clicks a link to the Forum CMS and then clicks a link to the Forums, WTF?

I thought the purpose of the CMS was to provide our site with a informational home page at http://www.mysite.com/index.php , If that's not the case then I have just wasted money on the suite because you guys did not provide enough information at presale about this, and am not happy at all

BTW if this can't be done, I WILL BE MAKING A PAYPAL CLAIM AND GETTING MY MONEY BACK!
    Because changing the homepage url is just so hard.

Leave a comment:

• iMatt
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
    AFAIK the answer is no right now - at least not without modifications. Still trying to get further clarification. Sorry for the delay.
    OMG, our sites require two home pages? So a visitor finds my sites home page, then clicks a link to the Forum CMS and then clicks a link to the Forums?

I thought the purpose of the CMS was to provide our site with a informational home page at http://www.mysite.com/index.php , If that's not the case then I have just wasted money on the suite
    Last edited by iMatt; Sat 24 Oct '09, 7:48pm. Reason: Removed some fury from my post ;-p

Leave a comment:

• Ptwiggens
    replied
    AFAIK the answer is no right now - at least not without modifications. Still trying to get further clarification. Sorry for the delay.
    Oops... that's quite an oversight.

Leave a comment:

• Theo-zzzz
    replied
    Originally posted by Bizstudent View Post
    Whats AFAIK?
    As Far As I Know

Leave a comment:

• Bizstudent
    replied
    Whats AFAIK?

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X