Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quillz
    replied
    It's not the board software that's slow, it's the website servers that are handling much more traffic than usual, due to people wanting to play with vB 4.

Leave a comment:

• olaechea
    replied
    checking more options, with doubt

Leave a comment:

• kyrgyz
    replied
    Originally posted by mentalrz View Post
    i guess i wont be updaitng, with over 1800 the other day and vb not being able to handle 2.. doesnt seem stable.
    I don't think it's vB4 issue. It's a server bottleneck to my understanding. vB4 even in alpha stage is rock solid according to staff.

Give vBulletin a break for their hard work! Mistakes happen to the best of us.

P.S. vB Blog now looks like a real Blog. Cheers!!

Leave a comment:

• mentalrz
    replied
    i guess i wont be updaitng, with over 1800 the other day and vb not being able to handle 2.. doesnt seem stable.

Leave a comment:

• kyrgyz
    replied
    Originally posted by assassin85 View Post
    yes but we are talkin now about the vbulletin server not other server , maybe vbulletin server can't hold enough the visitors now , or they didn't expect that visits
    That's not an acceptable excuse for vBulletin. They are in business of making money and should anticipate situations like the one vB has. IMHO the should be enough server capacity to provide simultaneously access to at least 10% of license holders, which is 4,000 users online. Should vBulletin Solutions, Inc has good stream of money from licensing to afford quality servers and connections. Read below.
    vBulletin™ is the world leader in forum and community publishing software. Customers have created vibrant communities for over 10 years on vBulletin's stable and mature platform. Developed with security, powerful adminstration features and speed in mind, it serves over 40,000 online commnities.
    http://www.vbulletin.com/about.php

Leave a comment:

• kyrgyz
    replied
    yes but we are talkin now about the vbulletin server not other server , maybe vbulletin server can't hold enough the visitors now , or they didn't expect that visits
    That's not an acceptable excuse for vBulletin. They are in business of making money and should anticipate situations like the one vB has now. IMHO the should be enough server capacity to provide simultaneously access to at least 10% of license holders, which is 4,000 users online. Read below.
    vBulletin™ is the world leader in forum and community publishing software. Customers have created vibrant communities for over 10 years on vBulletin's stable and mature platform. Developed with security, powerful adminstration features and speed in mind, it serves over 40,000 online commnities.
    http://www.vbulletin.com/about.php

Leave a comment:

• killa101
    replied
    It's not bad. The usage of box-shadow throughout the site does not look so good though. It looks better without the shadows (as seen in IE). Just personal opinion.

Also, the icons and smilies are terrible.

Leave a comment:

• dutchbb
    replied
    Originally posted by taffy056 View Post
    Well the forum is really running slow, there seems to be major problems here, really jelsoft are not inspiring me with confidence to upgrade, sorry but I have major doubts about the whole thing.
    Slow = hardware problem.

This site is not used to this much members online, they build their hardware for 50-300 members online and today it has been +1500.

It doesn't say anything about the beta to my understanding.

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    Originally posted by Nelsaidi View Post
    Yeah, it is running slow but I'll put it down to too many visitors and an overloaded server(s), many people (as am I) are eager to see vBulletin 4.0 to help them decide whether they should buy/upgrade.<br /><br />EDIT:<br />I like the AJAX quick reply, edit, quote! I'm eager to try all the features before deciding if I want vBulletin
    <br /> <br />

To be fair, AJAX Quick Reply and Edit was part of vBulletin 3 before. Only the quote appears to be new.

Leave a comment:

• assassin85
    replied
    Originally posted by kyrgyz View Post
    Read below.

Leave a comment:

• WebAddict
    replied
    Originally posted by abcde View Post
    I don't like how the link looks" h++p://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?321745-I-am-worried
    I don't like that either - I'd rather see it without any question marks... Additionally, I hope it supports urls like h++p://www.vbulletin.com/t/321745/ right out of the box

Leave a comment:

• kyrgyz
    replied
    the SLOW thing nothing with the forum at all , there is alot of visitors now , please wait until it cool down
    Read below.
    Originally posted by zlos
    Mine 3.8.4. has 9000 online users now, with 3500 logged in......I am using different nginX server to spit all graphics, js files and css files out. They're not. And it hits the production machine with jumping load. Simple rule to follow: split to spit
    http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...=225777&page=9

Leave a comment:

• abcde
    replied
    I don't like how the link looks" h++p://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?321745-I-am-worried

Leave a comment:

• assassin85
    replied
    there is a Distance between the header and forumhome, anyone see what i mention ?

Leave a comment:

• Shane Greer
    replied
    Yes I have to say this is a great foundation to build on.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X