I am worried

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am worried

Well the forum is really running slow, there seems to be major problems here, really jelsoft are not inspiring me with confidence to upgrade, sorry but I have major doubts about the whole thing.
    Free Kick
    https://apps.facebook.com/freekick-net/forums.php

Yeah, it is running slow but I'll put it down to too many visitors and an overloaded server(s), many people (as am I) are eager to see vBulletin 4.0 to help them decide whether they should buy/upgrade.

EDIT:
    I like the AJAX quick reply, edit, quote! I'm eager to try all the features before deciding if I want vBulletin

Comment

Yup i agree most likely just server overload. but i like what i see.

Comment

Same here, earlier there was over 430 members and 1,400 guest on give it time to calm down the buzz is about now

S-MAN

Former vBulletin Support Staff
        Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
        Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!
        Need a Host? - I recommend URLJet

Comment

I'm sure it's just the amount of people accessing the site. As a whole, things look pretty nice to me.

Comment

Yes, the server load is very heavy at the moment.

Comment

Looking good you guys. I certainly won't nit pik... Dang, I feel seven years old on December 24th... Can't wait - bugs (if any) and all...

How much of the code (if any) will be encoded? I do a bit of custom edits myself and some have mentioned the release may be ioncubed or something thereof...

Comment

ttt

Comment

Yes, I've been visiting this site constantly for the past day... so far I like what I see. Have already purchased the upgrade, but am looking forward to seeing bugs being ironed out.

Comment

No doubt its only due ot high server loads as mentioned already, nowt to worry about at all, It certainly wouldnt put me off ordeing the update..

Comment

Despite all the hiccups, kudos to vBulletin for delivering vB4. I love the look and the feel of it. The stock skin is awesome.

P.S. Clicking "Reply to Thread" seems not to be working on my comp. Doing it now using Quick Reply box. I also see "Currently Active Users" container was disabled on the forum's main. In IE8, text spills out of this container stretching the browser window.

Comment

Originally posted by taffy056 View Post
                        Well the forum is really running slow, there seems to be major problems here, really jelsoft are not inspiring me with confidence to upgrade, sorry but I have major doubts about the whole thing.
                        the SLOW thing nothing with the forum at all , there is alot of visitors now , please wait until it cool down

Comment

Me thinks PHP running under fastCGI and IIS7 would cure the bottlenecks. Apache is last century's technology.

Comment

I am REALLY liking this, guys.

Comment

Yes I have to say this is a great foundation to build on.
                              www.thefewgoodmen.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X