New Vbulletin and skinning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Vbulletin and skinning

I'm new to Vbulletin, and am thinking of purchasing VB4. My question is, when can I have it installed upon my server? as it's obviously still in presale.

Skinning of the forums and actual site, how easy is it, so change the colours on the forum and a few other little things like that? How deep will I have to get into the code to find the places to make the changes, or will the VB UI, have customisation options for me?

All help is appreciated. Thank you.

No one really knows at this point, at least those that do know, can't say yet. But word has it, everything is pretty much CSS now.

Comment

vB4 is not available yet which is why this is a Pre-sale. If you purchase now you would be able to download and install vB 3.8.4.

One thing to keep in mind is that the styles and template system was completely updated for vB4 so any customizations you have for earlier versions of vB will not work in vB4 and will need to be updated.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

One thing to keep in mind is that the styles and template system was completely updated for vB4 so any customizations you have for earlier versions of vB will not work in vB4 and will need to be updated.
        That is what scares me however this new system may allow me to create something much better.

Comment

This may be of interest: vB4: Skinning Your Forum in 10 Easy Steps
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Wow, that is an extremely well written manual for skinning. To whoever wrote it, a HUGE thank-you. I think you just saved me about 400euro.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X