X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The ticket has been assigned to a manager for review. As it has been escalated to a ticket, there is no purpose to keep this thread open anymore.

Leave a comment:

• CarterMarkham
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    As stated on the phone, I have reported this issue to the developers. It will be reviewed and acted upon as required.
    I have also submitted a support ticket asking for a refund of the fee. I would appreciate it if you looked into that as well. I do not blame my bank for this what so ever.

Leave a comment:

• immediate
    replied
    I used paypal and everything seemed ok. Just $195, no more extra charges whatsoever. Seems this may be something to do with your bank?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    As stated on the phone, I have reported this issue to the developers. It will be reviewed and acted upon as required.

Leave a comment:

• CarterMarkham
    replied
    FYI it is not stated anywhere that funds are processed overseas or anywhere to be exact. Even when you go to process your credit card it says nothing.

Leave a comment:

• CarterMarkham
    replied
    Originally posted by kyrgyz View Post
    Not good enough. First rule of marketing: customer is always right. If a company wants to stay viable and grow in years to come, "Not our fault. You should've read your bank's Terms of Service" won't work. Customers are losing money unexpectedly while buying vBulletin products. See the negative connection? And that negativity gets reinforced by vBulletin's answer: "Your own damn fault". Vbulletin should be proactive in situations like the above.
    Agreed.

Leave a comment:

• CarterMarkham
    replied
    Why would I bother to read my banks terms? Knowing fair well that IB and Vbulletin are located in CA I would have thought that funds would be processed HERE (duh) like all other US companies. It is not my banks fault that vBulletin did not disclose the fact that credit cards are processed overseas. I think it should be added that ALL FUNDS PAID TO VBULLETIN ARE SUBJECT TO A FEE FROM YOUR BANK DUE TO A CONVERSION RATE UPON PURCHASING VBULLETIN SOFTWARE. CREDIT CARDS ARE PROCESSED IN THE UNITED KINGDOM.
    Last edited by CarterMarkham; Wed 21 Oct '09, 6:18pm.

Leave a comment:

• kyrgyz
    replied
    Originally posted by ra87 View Post
    You should read your bank's Terms of Service. vBulletin are not responsible for your banks terms.
    Not good enough. First rule of marketing: customer is always right. If a company wants to stay viable and grow in years to come, "Not our fault. You should've read your bank's Terms of Service" won't work. Customers are losing money unexpectedly while buying vBulletin products. See the negative connection? And that negativity gets reinforced by vBulletin's answer: "Your own damn fault". Vbulletin should be proactive in situations like the above.

Leave a comment:

• ra87
    replied
    Originally posted by boatdesign View Post
    I had this happen a couple years ago when I paid via Bank of America too.

I found this post helpful as I just bought an upgrade to the 4.0 suite and paid via paypal to avoid the conversion fee

Since the about us page http://www.vbulletin.com/about.php states HQ is in california, a new buyer who doesn't know the history of vBulletin would not likely know that vBulletin is based in the UK now... Maybe the pay-to address shows up when paying by credit card, so if so, never mind. If not, a little note could be helpful.

(Obviously when I was hit with the conversion fee a couple years ago, I should have known to expect it, but I haven't used my Bank of America card to buy non-US items much if at all, so I didn't.)
    If you are paying via creditcard, when you enter your details you have to agree to the terms of the merchent account vBulletin use - read those too

Leave a comment:

• Abomination
    replied
    The card processors and the bank receiving the payment are still in the UK and will remain so for the foreseeable future. This is where they always have been.
    Gotcha. Took me a minute, but I got it. Cross you i's and dot your t's so to speak.

Leave a comment:

• boatdesign
    replied
    I had this happen a couple years ago when I paid via Bank of America too.

I found this post helpful as I just bought an upgrade to the 4.0 suite and paid via paypal to avoid the conversion fee

You should read your bank's Terms of Service. vBulletin are not responsible for your banks terms.
    Since the about us page http://www.vbulletin.com/about.php states HQ is in california, a new buyer who doesn't know the history of vBulletin would not likely know that vBulletin is based in the UK now... Maybe the pay-to address shows up when paying by credit card, so if so, never mind. If not, a little note could be helpful.

(Obviously when I was hit with the conversion fee a couple years ago, I should have known to expect it, but I haven't used my Bank of America card to buy non-US items much if at all, so I didn't.)

Leave a comment:

• ra87
    replied
    Is there a disclosure warning buyers about possible additional charges when buying vBulletin products? Everybody knows how people get upset when losing money unexpectedly and remember it for a long while.

Leave a comment:

• kyrgyz
    replied
    Originally posted by CarterMarkham View Post
    vBulletin transactions are all routed to the UK. Most people in the US or other countries may be charged a currency conversion fee because of this. Just because the funds are in USD does not mean you wont be charged a conversion fee. My bank (Bank of America) charged me 3%.
    The card processors and the bank receiving the payment are still in the UK and will remain so for the foreseeable future. This is where they always have been.
    Is there a disclosure warning buyers about possible additional charges when buying vBulletin products? Everybody knows how people get upset when losing money unexpectedly and remember it for a long while.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    IB's Office and vBulletin Solutions, Inc are in California. Its UK branch, Jelsoft, doesn't exist anymore. Thus, it makes sense to process payments in the U.S. at least for american customers. Why pay conversion fees? Bad business, IMHO

Leave a comment:

• inbeforethelock
    replied
    On another note, I checked out paypals conversion rates before buying to see if I should pay in dollars or pounds. vB charge £85 for the upgrade to the suite if i want to use pounds sterling, but paying $130 and then letting paypal convert it for me only cost me £81ish. Only a small difference but still, was worth checking!

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X