Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will there be a public beta?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    Please send me a private message about who this response came from. This information is incorrect at this time.
    PM sent, but I cannot really se how this matters.
    At this point I guess vB HAVE to produce a public beta very soon, or people (even the them who upgraded) will leave the ship VERY fast!

    But that's my oppinion

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by pahvi View Post
      PM sent, but I cannot really se how this matters.
      At this point I guess vB HAVE to produce a public beta very soon, or people (even the them who upgraded) will leave the ship VERY fast!

      But that's my oppinion
      There won't be a public beta, but the beta will run on this site at some point. So there'll be a public viewing.
      MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

      TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.2 Demo
      AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
        There won't be a public beta, but the beta will run on this site at some point. So there'll be a public viewing.
        NOT good enough

        People need to start testing, building, customizing prior to launch.
        Otherwise (IMHO) the product will be abandoned for other vendors.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by pahvi View Post
          NOT good enough

          People need to start testing, building, customizing prior to launch.
          Otherwise (IMHO) the product will be abandoned for other vendors.
          Thing is, it won't be, and they know that.

          Welcome to the new ultra-capitalistic world of vB. I suppose it was always inevitable.
          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

          TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.2 Demo
          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
            Thing is, it won't be, and they know that.

            Welcome to the new ultra-capitalistic world of vB. I suppose it was always inevitable.
            Board won't be, certainly, but the "CMS"

            Since Waynes note I've allready started the process myself in finding other vendors...

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by pahvi View Post
              Board won't be, certainly, but the "CMS"

              Since Waynes note I've allready started the process myself in finding other vendors...
              Some will, but most, like myself, either won't or can't.

              That's what this whole process relies on, unfortunately.
              MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

              TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.2 Demo
              AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

              Comment


              • #22
                We'll se what's in front of us.
                I have been supporting vB in their new licensing model, their new pricing and all others (even if I'm actually loosing money on it), but the fact that the actually might delay the delivery of ANYTHING up to 6 more moths really pisses me off!

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by pahvi View Post
                  We'll se what's in front of us.
                  I have been supporting vB in their new licensing model, their new pricing and all others (even if I'm actually loosing money on it), but the fact that the actually might delay the delivery of ANYTHING up to 6 more moths really pisses me off!
                  Six more months? I'd be amazed if it was that long.

                  Worst case scenario now - having seen yesterday's, ahem, illicit revelations - is, I'd say, very early next year. Ray's said today they're aiming for within two months, Wayne said more than two weeks, I think that's about as accurate as we can hope for. Certainly not six months.
                  MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

                  TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.2 Demo
                  AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by pahvi View Post
                    We'll se what's in front of us.
                    I have been supporting vB in their new licensing model, their new pricing and all others (even if I'm actually loosing money on it), but the fact that the actually might delay the delivery of ANYTHING up to 6 more moths really pisses me off!
                    I think they are going through a rough transition at the moment. Jelsoft seems to be under a gag order on many issues. I call it IB Auto Navigation System. Give Jelsoft a break if you are so much invested in them. It's worth waiting IMHO.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by kyrgyz View Post
                      I think they are going through a rough transition at the moment. Jelsoft seems to be under a gag order on many issues. I call it IB auto navigation system. Give Jelsoft a break if you are so much invested in them. It's worth waiting IMHO.
                      Jesloft no longer exists, it's all Internet Brands now. The licensing company is vBulletin Solutions Inc.
                      MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

                      TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.2 Demo
                      AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

                      Comment


                      • #26






                        would makes me upset as well
                        Designing Your Forum Around The Members Lifestyle becoming A Valuable Asset To The Community With VB Before Trying To Make A Buck.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
                          Jesloft no longer exists, it's all Internet Brands now. The licensing company is vBulletin Solutions Inc.
                          I thought Jelsoft was renamed vB Solutions as a UK based subsidiary of IB, not dissolved into IB.

                          Comment

                          widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X