No announcement yet.

I have bought it now when do I get it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have bought it now when do I get it?

I have bought a license to the suite of VB 4... Any word on when it will be released?

You can run the current version (3.8.4) and soon the version 4 is avaiable you can upgrade it.

Do a search around the board you you find a lot of info about that...

Comment

Well yeah I have that. I just was wondering if there was a time frame? Will it be a week, a month, a year? Just trying to plan ahead

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Lathrop View Post
        I have bought a license to the suite of VB 4... Any word on when it will be released?
        The only official response i have seen is that it will be available Q4, so, that means up to December 31st 2009 from now
        https://scottishminis.com/forums/forum.php - for all things relating to the Scottish Mini scene
        https://thebookjoint.com/forums/forum.php - for all things relating to books especially Jack Reacher

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          It will be released a lot sooner than a year away.
          Planning to continue using VB 3.8 post EOL? Then join the VB 3.8 Forever group and vB3Forever.org!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Gismo_Man View Post
            The only official response i have seen is that it will be available Q4, so, that means up to December 31st 2009 from now
            Thank you that helps a lot, I have another question... how long after it is released does it take for the major mods to upgrade (like VBexperience, FB connect, IBproArcade). And then how long does it take for new styles to come out. As you can tell I am very new to the community

-Matt

Comment

It will probably take ages as there is no public beta. I.e. most mod authors ... if they are still interested to develop a mod for vB4 after all that uproar ... won't be able to start working on it until the final version is released to the general public.
              Planning to continue using VB 3.8 post EOL? Then join the VB 3.8 Forever group and vB3Forever.org!

Comment

Thank you that helps a lot, I have another question... how long after it is released does it take for the major mods to upgrade (like VBexperience, FB connect, IBproArcade). And then how long does it take for new styles to come out. As you can tell I am very new to the community

-Matt
                Check out this thread - http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=225583

Comment

Originally posted by mlx View Post
                  It will probably take ages as there is no public beta. I.e. most mod authors ... if they are still interested to develop a mod for vB4 after all that uproar ... won't be able to start working on it until the final version is released to the general public.
                  I'll be aiming to get my most used mods avaliable within a week of vb4's release. There is one exception as its getting a total rewrite from scratch. (This was planned regardless of vb4 but i figured it may as well wait until vb4)
                  Some of my Mods:
                  Advanced IP Ban Manager (vb3.6+ version) - Fine grained control over blocking trouble makers.
                  Advanced IP Ban Manager (vb4 version) - Fine grained control over blocking trouble makers.
                  Use Original thread for Comments - Uses the original thread for comments for any forum threads promoted to CMS articles.
                  Custom Friendly Urls - Allows customisation of forum urls from the admin CP.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the replies! I guess it is a waiting game now... Does any one else feel like they are at disney land in line for a ride? Lots of hype but then lots of waiting then more hype then more waiting... and so on...

Comment

Thanks everyone for the replies! I guess it is a waiting game now... Does any one else feel like they are at disney land in line for a ride? Lots of hype but then lots of waiting then more hype then more waiting... and so on...

Just as it has been with every major release. LOL! Honestly, the hype and waiting is the fun part.
                      Glenn H. Shelton III

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane_GS View Post
                        Just as it has been with every major release. LOL! Honestly, the hype and waiting is the fun part.
                        Well, yeah, that is fun, except when you have already paid for it. Personally, I would like more for my money than an IOU.

Comment

I am pretty excited about it!

Comment

Me too, can't wait to get theming and modding
                            vB4 SuperCharged
                            http://www.gamingmasters.co.uk

Comment

Guess we are no closer to the answer..

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X