Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Average annual cost still remains at $35/year when paying $130 now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
    Ray did indicate this would more than likely be the case. Plus, it makes perfect sense for them to do it under this new business model. I doubt you have anything to concern yourself with on that score.

Might not be precisely $130 mind you, it depends on what they price vB5 at. But I'd be amazed if they didn't repeat the current discount scheme in some way, especially as Ray has said it's likely.
    Ray has said they will have an offer

You have to remember, the $130 offer was for all owned license holders and they were getting screwed over.

They WONT be offering that again, and DO expect to pay $200 for the upgrade even in the presales.

PS: On the release date, Ray also said they would be "knocking on vb5's door" in 18 months after the release of v4. Therefore - don't be suprised if we see a presale for v5 in 2 years time

Comment

Originally posted by ra87 View Post
      Ray has said they will have an offer

You have to remember, the $130 offer was for all owned license holders and they were getting screwed over.

They WONT be offering that again, and DO expect to pay $200 for the upgrade even in the presales.

PS: On the release date, Ray also said they would be "knocking on vb5's door" in 18 months after the release of v4. Therefore - don't be suprised if we see a presale for v5 in 2 years time
      We'll see. It's some way off yet.

Anyhow, although I will pay my $130, I am sticking with 3.8, so it won't be an issue for me. I shall never have to pay this company another bean, ever in my life.
      MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
      AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

PS: if you don't take advantage of the presale for v5, to upgrade your suite from v4 to v5 will cost $250.

Comment

Originally posted by ra87 View Post
          PS: if you don't take advantage of the presale for v5, to upgrade your suite from v4 to v5 will cost $250.
          I won't be running vB4 so it won't matter one jot to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
            I won't be running vB4 so it won't matter one jot to me.
            You can't be sure, never say never

Comment

Originally posted by dutchbb View Post
              You can't be sure, never say never
              Oh I can.

When I make a decision like this, it is final. No Turning Back.

I shan't be treated like I've been treated by this company yesterday. The license debacle was bad enough, but just as i was coming to terms with that and making a constructive suggestion, the staff close my thread and mock me in public.

If Invision was an option for me, I'd be there tomorrow. I'm *certainly* not interested in vB4 or anything it has to offer (which isn't a great deal actually). It's 3.8 with a new skin.

Comment

So you pay the $130.00 and keep ver 3.8???

What benefit is that?

(Or are you suggesting you are paying a one time amount of $130 to get lifetime support??)
                Last edited by David Copeland; Sat 24th Oct '09, 8:59am.

DAVID COPELAND
                Licensed VB Holder Since 2000
                Celebrating 19 Years with VB

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X