Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vbulletin CMS offer differs from the email why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

don't get me started again, I have ran out of descriptives
    Designing Your Forum Around The Members Lifestyle becoming A Valuable Asset To The Community With VB Before Trying To Make A Buck.

Comment

Originally posted by wacodep View Post
      Perhaps I can help put things into perspective:

We both purchase an "owned" license. This gives us the authority to run the software, currently at v3.8.x, for as long as we want. This does NOT mean we get SUPPORT or UPGRADES. That's what the annual maintenance fees were for.

You did NOT renew your subscription for updates. Your support expired.

However, I DID renew my subscription for updates. I have every year. My support is currently active.

Why should we both receive the same pre-sale discount when I have spent money each year to keep my support active (which results in revenue for Jelsoft), but you have not?

If you were eligible for the SAME discount as I was when you didn't maintain your support subscription and I did, THAT is what I would call "unfair".
      You perfeclty right about this. But maybe a middle level discount between $210 and $130 can be good. Maybe I'm wrong but the update price wasn't something like $30?

Conclusion is that we received the wrong email from vbulletin and our discount rate is different.

Comment

Perhaps I can help put things into perspective:

We both purchase an "owned" license. This gives us the authority to run the software, currently at v3.8.x, for as long as we want. This does NOT mean we get SUPPORT or UPGRADES. That's what the annual maintenance fees were for.

You did NOT renew your subscription for updates. Your support expired.

However, I DID renew my subscription for updates. I have every year. My support is currently active.

Why should we both receive the same pre-sale discount when I have spent money each year to keep my support active (which results in revenue for Jelsoft), but you have not?

If you were eligible for the SAME discount as I was when you didn't maintain your support subscription and I did, THAT is what I would call "unfair".
        Not trying to start anything, just playing devil's advocate here. Without additional quantifiers, your points are null.

Just a note, but I did upgrade to the suite from an expired (over 12 months) license.

If your only quantifier is the amount of money given to Jelsoft over time:

I purchased my owned license in 2002 and paid each year up until 2007 when my license expired. That would be one initial purchase and 4 years of upgrades.

Now let's hypothesize and say that your forum join date is the same date you bought your license. Your join date is 2005. You would have one initial purchase and 4 years of upgrades as well.

Why should your discount be any better than mine? I've done just as many upgrades as you have. What about people who got their initial licenses after 2005? Even if currently up to date, they have still purchased less from Jelsoft than either you or I have, why should they get the same discount? What about people who started the same time I did yet kept active through the present day, why should you get the same discount as them?

There is no cut and dry here....

Comment

You leave out the time period, you received 5 years of use , I have received 2 months of use.
          Designing Your Forum Around The Members Lifestyle becoming A Valuable Asset To The Community With VB Before Trying To Make A Buck.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsxrocks View Post
            You leave out the time period, you received 5 years of use , I have received 2 months of use.
            First off, I've received 7 years of use (5 years of upgrades)

Secondly, I wasn't commenting on your guys situation. The people in the same boat as you got shafted majorly and although I had nothing to do with it, I am truly sorry for you all.

I screwed up and got lazy and had to pay for it. You guys did everything right and are pretty much getting double charged

Comment

sorry I was off topic

Comment

This does NOT mean we get SUPPORT or UPGRADES. That's what the annual maintenance fees were for.

You did NOT renew your subscription for updates. Your support expired
                Just a small correction. Under terms of your old license, you were entitled to LIFETIME support from the ticket system regardless if your owned license was active or inactive.
                ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X