Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vbulletin CMS offer differs from the email why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vbulletin CMS offer differs from the email why?

Hi guys,
    we're thinking about the new CMS 4.0.
    We receive your email with this discount:

As a preferred customer with an active license, we are excited to offer the vBulletin Publishing Suite at a pre-sale discount price of only $130 (over 50% off regular price). This is a truly limited one-time special offer giving you $120 off the upgrade price but will expire on Friday October 30, 2009.

but when we login the price for us is $210. We have a forlife license bought last year.

We would like also to know if there's some kind of demo for the CMS version, just to understand better the features of it and how much we can customize it.

regards
    Alek

Did you log on using the customer logon at the top of the main page... http://www.vbulletin.com/

If so, on the order page be sure you're scrolling down to the section for existing users. Once you add it to your cart it should reflect the discount.
    HBO Forum - Discuss Game of Thrones, True Blood, Big Love, Boardwalk Empire, and more!
    Disney Forums - Disney theme parks, vacation, entertainment, and more!
    iLoveTalk - Our general discussion forum.
    VeggieBoards - The largest and most active vegetarian forum!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael2 View Post
      Did you log on using the customer logon at the top of the main page... http://www.vbulletin.com/

If so, on the order page be sure you're scrolling down to the section for existing users. Once you add it to your cart it should reflect the discount.
      Yes I'm logged on the website ant vbulletin.com even if we put the product in the cart still displays $210

Comment

AFAIK
        • the upgrade price for active licenses is $130
        • the upgrade price for expired licenses that expired within the last 12 months is $190
        • the upgrade price for expired licenses that expired more than 12 months ago is $210
        Planning to continue using VB 3.8 post EOL? Then join the VB 3.8 Forever group and vB3Forever.org!

Comment

Originally posted by mlx View Post
          AFAIK
          • the upgrade price for active licenses is $130
          • the upgrade price for expired licenses that expired within the last 12 months is $190
          • the upgrade price for expired licenses that expired more than 12 months ago is $210
          We bought the forlife license it means that this license in cosidered expired?

Comment

Well, you bought the license with 1 year of support. And you probably didn't renew the support. The expiration date should be listed next to your license.

Expired owned licenses are pretty much worthless now
            Planning to continue using VB 3.8 post EOL? Then join the VB 3.8 Forever group and vB3Forever.org!

Comment

There is no "for life" license when it comes to ugprades. With the 3.x series you must renew every year to continue receiving updates. What does your expiration show in the member's area?
              HBO Forum - Discuss Game of Thrones, True Blood, Big Love, Boardwalk Empire, and more!
              Disney Forums - Disney theme parks, vacation, entertainment, and more!
              iLoveTalk - Our general discussion forum.
              VeggieBoards - The largest and most active vegetarian forum!

Comment

Originally posted by mlx View Post
                Well, you bought the license with 1 year of support. And you probably didn't renew the support. The expiration date should be listed next to your license.

Expired owned licenses are pretty much worthless now
                I agree isn't fair

Originally posted by Michael2 View Post
                There is no "for life" license when it comes to ugprades. With the 3.x series you must renew every year to continue receiving updates. What does your expiration show in the member's area?
                Yes you're right we bought the owned license and it says expired.
                So owned license are considered as expired? Not fair at all imho

Comment

Originally posted by aleksander View Post
                  Yes you're right we bought the owned license and it says expired.
                  So owned license are considered as expired? Not fair at all imho
                  Read this post -> https://forum.vbulletin.com/node/2877646

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                  There is an inaccuracy here. There are two different things here that affect what version of software you are running.

Free Upgrade = Updates as long as your current license is active.
                  $175 Upgrade = Updates as long as 4.0 is being produced and supported.

Licensing
                  During this transition period, there are two licenses. The original vBulletin 3.X license and a new license we are calling vBulletin 4.0. The license is independent of what version you are actually running.

When you purchase a Suite or Forum upgrade, you are converting your terms to the newer 4.0 License and pricing options presented.

Software Versions
                  Under your previous vBulletin 3.X license, you were allowed all updates while the license was active. You could renew that active status with a separate purchase.

Under the terms of your active 3.X license, you can upgrade to vBulletin 4.X for free. When that license expires, you must upgrade to a 4.0 license to continue receiving updates. If you do not upgrade your owned license, you can continue using the latest version accessible to you indefinitely but we are no longer accepting renewals under the older license. At that point, you would decide to upgrade to the 4.0 license or wait to upgrade until the 5.X license.
                  ...... sigpic ...... "А стукачков мы не любим!"

My Modification: Quote Post in PM - passes to new personal message (PM) post's text, username, etc.

Comment

Tnx for the quote. I think it's unfair to treat a owned license like an expire one, but anyway we'll decide to move or not to the new CMS.

Comment

Tnx for the quote. I think it's unfair to treat a owned license like an expire one, but anyway we'll decide to move or not to the new CMS.
                      I don't think you understand. While the license you purchases is owned - *support* CAN expire. If your support has expired, that's where the difference in price is; fair or not.
                      Regards,
                      Eric Sizemore

My modifications

Comment

my license is expiring today and I have some doubts they weren't cleared as of now in the ticket system, I am worried if I would be needed to pay $190 from tomorrow
                        vB must give grace period for the october expiry clients atleast

Comment

Originally posted by SecondV View Post
                          I don't think you understand. While the license you purchases is owned - *support* CAN expire. If your support has expired, that's where the difference in price is; fair or not.
                          Yes I got it but I don't understand why without support I am a "B" class customer and even more why I have received that email if I can't use that offer.

Anyway we'll decide this week what to do.
                          A demo version of the CMS will be appreciated just to see how much is customizable.

Comment

Yes I got it but I don't understand why without support I am a "B" class customer and even more why I have received that email if I can't use that offer.
                            Perhaps I can help put things into perspective:

We both purchase an "owned" license. This gives us the authority to run the software, currently at v3.8.x, for as long as we want. This does NOT mean we get SUPPORT or UPGRADES. That's what the annual maintenance fees were for.

You did NOT renew your subscription for updates. Your support expired.

However, I DID renew my subscription for updates. I have every year. My support is currently active.

Why should we both receive the same pre-sale discount when I have spent money each year to keep my support active (which results in revenue for Jelsoft), but you have not?

If you were eligible for the SAME discount as I was when you didn't maintain your support subscription and I did, THAT is what I would call "unfair".

Comment

Talking about fairness ... do you consider it fair that even active leased license holders can upgrade for a $130, while people with owned licenses that expired within the last 12 months have to pay $190? I don't. So this fairness discussion is pretty much pointless here.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X